BMW i4 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Uh oh....My garage is now showing the "design element deletion", and Shadowline exterior trim ($0) is not listed...Can anyone confirm, does/did Shadowline exterior trim show up in your garage?

Feeb, did you order Shadowline exterior trim?

I'm wondering if it's the latest option to get axed.

I also have the non touchpad Idrive control, too bad.
It's still in mine - knock wood. But the handsfree tailgate is deleted.

·
Registered
2012 Prius Plug-In
34 Posts
Sorry if I missed this but what is the design element deletion?
Haven't quite figured that one out yet. Could be shadowline trim, could be regular trim or something else entirely. There's a BMW autocross event that I'm attending tomorrow, so I will ask if they know what that could be.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Haven't quite figured that one out yet. Could be shadowline trim, could be regular trim or something else entirely. There's a BMW autocross event that I'm attending tomorrow, so I will ask if they know what that could be.
Thanks! I was supposed to go to one in MA here today, but I missed it. Have fun! My CA has said nothing appears to have changed on the builds, but he did say some X5s had this removed.

·
Registered
2012 Prius Plug-In
34 Posts
Thanks! I was supposed to go to one in MA here today, but I missed it. Have fun! My CA has said nothing appears to have changed on the builds, but he did say some X5s had this removed.
That's where I'm going. Headed to Gillette tomorrow. I'll update if I hear anything about these missing items.

·
Registered
i4 M50 in Portimao Blue, Oyster, Ash wood, currently wk 22
80 Posts
Just tell your wife that it was deleted, and she has to do the shopping from now on..
My suspicion is that, as with my 330, she’ll refuse to drive it! She says it’s too fancy!

Now, I’m wondering if I can build a shortcut in iOS to do it. If the app can open the tailgate, it might be possible.

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
1,303 Posts
My suspicion is that, as with my 330, she’ll refuse to drive it! She says it’s too fancy!

Now, I’m wondering if I can build a shortcut in iOS to do it. If the app can open the tailgate, it might be possible.
I was thinking the same with AA. I could possibly make a routine and run it thru my watch as I always have my watch on me.

·
Registered
I4M50
918 Posts
I read on i4 forum that Parking assistant Plus (5DN) with added 3D cameras (side mirrors and front) are to be deleted in addition to handsfree tailgate for cars getting in production July - November. PA Plus cannot be retrofitted but can prior to production be replaced with std parking assistant or you have to wait or cancel order… shieeet.

Tough decision if I am one of those…

·
Registered
54 Posts
Woah, if true that would be a deal breaker for me. I could maybe live without the passenger lumbar and no hands free tailgate but 3d camera is critical for me....we'll see. Honestly I would probably just wait another six months if need be.....

·
Registered
461 Posts
I read on i4 forum that Parking assistant Plus (5DN) with added 3D cameras (side mirrors and front) are to be deleted in addition to handsfree tailgate for cars getting in production July - November. PA Plus cannot be retrofitted but can prior to production be replaced with std parking assistant or you have to wait or cancel order… shieeet.

Tough decision if I am one of those…
Well, it makes me that much surer that I will getan i5. Hopefully all this crap will all be resolved and no more deletions

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, it makes me that much surer that I will getan i5. Hopefully all this crap will all be resolved and no more deletions
If it takes that long for the supply issues to resolve, I'll consider an i5. I think by that point, I'll pick the fastest electrified BMW I can get :). I still remain optimistic that all these deletions will resolve in the next few months...however unlikely that may be.

·
Registered
646 Posts
If it takes that long for the supply issues to resolve, I'll consider an i5. I think by that point, I'll pick the fastest electrified BMW I can get :). I still remain optimistic that all these deletions will resolve in the next few months...however unlikely that may be.
Waiting for an i5? It hasn't been announced formally, so it's more than a year away.

I can't wait that long. I've already waited close to a year. At this point I'd have to be a fool to give up my spot.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

61 - 80 of 121 Posts