BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I would official introduce myself since I'll be joining the BMW family soon (if everything goes smoothly)!

I'm currently driving a 2021 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring. I've been thinking of buying an EV since I was in the market for the Accord. However, the reports of Tesla's poor quality control has steered me away from Teslas. In addition, I'm not personally a fan of their minimalist design.

I had placed my order for a 2022 i4 eDrive40 in early June but about a week later news came out about getting upgraded to the 2023 model. I really wanted DAPP and PAP so I asked my dealership if they had any canceled orders with these features. They were able to find one that was scheduled for delivery around end of July/beginning of August with the same add-ons I initially wanted. They are marking up the car but given I want DAPP and PAP, I decided to take it.

My car is currently in Port Hueneme (West Coast US) but looking forward to joining you guys on the road soon! If anyone has any accessories they highly recommended getting off the bat please let me know :)

2022 i4 eDrive40 - Black sapphire metallic, Black perforated SensaTec, Shadowline package, M sport package, DAPP, PAP, Premium package, Iconic sounds electric, Icon adaptive LED headlights with Laserlight, Harman Kardon surround sound system, Wireless device charging, BMW curved display with HUD

·
Premium Member
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,967 Posts
Welcome! Lucky you!

Reactions: plex93

·
Registered
768 Posts
Which dealer? I'm in the bay area and also my car is in Port Hueneme.

Maybe we will go to the dealer the same day?!

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
2023 M sport, Black Sapphire Metallic and most of the bells and whitsles.
138 Posts
When I called BMW of San Francisco they had a 5K mark up on getting the e40 M sport in a month and no more than 2 mos. I was going to take it when my CA called and said I had a week 32 build. I asked my CA if they had a deal like BMW of SF and they said no. Kinda makes me wonder if what these dealers do is ethical or not.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
When I called BMW of San Francisco they had a 5K mark up on getting the e40 M sport in a month and no more than 2 mos. I was going to take it when my CA called and said I had a week 32 build. I asked my CA if they had a deal like BMW of SF and they said no. Kinda makes me wonder if what these dealers do is ethical or not.
It's not ethical. Don't even think about it.
San Francisco BMW and Weatherford in Berkeley are two places I'd never give my money to.

I have tried to deal with them in the past. Don't like them.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It’s definitely not ethical. However, it is 100% a seller’s market right now and when money is involved I think ethics goes out the window.

I have the means to pay for the markup and I want both DAPP and PAP. However, if you don’t have the means to pay for marked up prices and really want a vehicle right now, I 100% understand your frustration. We are in a recession and money doesn’t grow on trees.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
It’s definitely not ethical. However, it is 100% a seller’s market right now and when money is involved I think ethics goes out the window.
Only if there’s no character in the first place. I expect more from a brand like BMW.

Reactions: LionXV and dudenjen

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only if there’s no character in the first place. I expect more from a brand like BMW.
I definitely agree- I would not have expected this from a brand like BMW. However, from my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong), most dealerships are either independently owned or part of a larger chain of dealerships. Therefor, BMWNA has no say in what they do with the pricing of cars?

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I definitely agree- I would not have expected this from a brand like BMW. However, from my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong), most dealerships are either independently owned or part of a larger chain of dealerships. Therefor, BMWNA has no say in what they do with the pricing of cars?
Yes and no. BMW NA is the enterprise which authorizes a dealership to sell BMWs in the US, therefore has some say and should use it for the sake of the brand.

Reactions: dudenjen

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes and no. BMW NA is the enterprise which authorizes a dealership to sell BMWs in the US, therefore has some say and should use it for the sake of the brand.
I see. Thanks for the explanation. If this is the case then I agree with you, BMWNA should do something about this shady practice dealerships are doing with the i4s.

I'm definitely not helping the cause by agreeing to a marked up car. However, If I had said no, someone else would have said yes and the dealership would've pocket the extra money anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I see. Thanks for the explanation. If this is the case then I agree with you, BMWNA should do something about this shady practice dealerships are doing with the i4s.

I'm definitely not helping the cause by agreeing to a marked up car. However, If I had said no, someone else would have said yes and the dealership would've pocket the extra money anyways.
Yep. None of this is about the choices individuals are making. The frustration and anger comes from a structure BMW NA created which allows it to happen.

Reactions: pjbm4

·
Registered
33 Posts
I thought I would official introduce myself since I'll be joining the BMW family soon (if everything goes smoothly)!

I'm currently driving a 2021 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring. I've been thinking of buying an EV since I was in the market for the Accord. However, the reports of Tesla's poor quality control has steered me away from Teslas. In addition, I'm not personally a fan of their minimalist design.

I had placed my order for a 2022 i4 eDrive40 in early June but about a week later news came out about getting upgraded to the 2023 model. I really wanted DAPP and PAP so I asked my dealership if they had any canceled orders with these features. They were able to find one that was scheduled for delivery around end of July/beginning of August with the same add-ons I initially wanted. They are marking up the car but given I want DAPP and PAP, I decided to take it.

My car is currently in Port Hueneme (West Coast US) but looking forward to joining you guys on the road soon! If anyone has any accessories they highly recommended getting off the bat please let me know :)

2022 i4 eDrive40 - Black sapphire metallic, Black perforated SensaTec, Shadowline package, M sport package, DAPP, PAP, Premium package, Iconic sounds electric, Icon adaptive LED headlights with Laserlight, Harman Kardon surround sound system, Wireless device charging, BMW curved display with HUD
Good for you! Let us know when you are in Sacramento, would love to see the car!

·
Registered
2023 M sport, Black Sapphire Metallic and most of the bells and whitsles.
138 Posts
Good for you! Let us know when you are in Sacramento, would love to see the car!
Hey Nito there you are the 2nd person here in Sac that has ordered an i4. The other has a week 31 build and is being painted as we speak and I have a week 32 build and Genius said that it will begin the exterior build on the 9th. Do you have your car yet?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Nito there you are the 2nd person here in Sac that has ordered an i4. The other has a week 31 build and is being painted as we speak and I have a week 32 build and Genius said that it will begin the exterior build on the 9th. Do you have your car yet?
I'm close enough to Sacramento to count, so make that three. Week 36.

Reactions: Anxious
1 - 20 of 43 Posts