BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Yes we do. I believe we all should have our cars by next Spring.
At the rate I'm going it will be spring.
Week 38. Recent push to that week.
I don't believe they are going to build it in that week either. I don't believe anything they say.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,030 Posts
Yes and no. BMW NA is the enterprise which authorizes a dealership to sell BMWs in the US, therefore has some say and should use it for the sake of the brand.
It's the US Dealer system that is causing all this mark up business. This is why Rivian, Tesla and others have abandoned this system to sell their cars.

·
Registered
2022 BMW i4 edrive40 Skyscraper Grey Metallic, 19” Aero Wheels style 855
2 Posts
I thought I would official introduce myself since I'll be joining the BMW family soon (if everything goes smoothly)!

I'm currently driving a 2021 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring. I've been thinking of buying an EV since I was in the market for the Accord. However, the reports of Tesla's poor quality control has steered me away from Teslas. In addition, I'm not personally a fan of their minimalist design.

I had placed my order for a 2022 i4 eDrive40 in early June but about a week later news came out about getting upgraded to the 2023 model. I really wanted DAPP and PAP so I asked my dealership if they had any canceled orders with these features. They were able to find one that was scheduled for delivery around end of July/beginning of August with the same add-ons I initially wanted. They are marking up the car but given I want DAPP and PAP, I decided to take it.

My car is currently in Port Hueneme (West Coast US) but looking forward to joining you guys on the road soon! If anyone has any accessories they highly recommended getting off the bat please let me know :)

2022 i4 eDrive40 - Black sapphire metallic, Black perforated SensaTec, Shadowline package, M sport package, DAPP, PAP, Premium package, Iconic sounds electric, Icon adaptive LED headlights with Laserlight, Harman Kardon surround sound system, Wireless device charging, BMW curved display with HUD
Welcome! I just got mine last week and even though I’ve had limited miles driven now I am absolutely loving it so far!

·
Registered
2023 M sport, Black Sapphire Metallic and most of the bells and whitsles.
106 Posts
At the rate I'm going it will be spring.
Week 38. Recent push to that week.
I don't believe they are going to build it in that week either. I don't believe anything they say.

Waiting for my M50......
Is there a reason why the M 50's are having so many problems?

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
No one seems to know, and BMW is not talking.
So it appeaars that the Norwegians received a letter from the BMW group stating the pandemic, global issues, China, the Ukraine and semi conductor problems is what's delaying production of the M50"s .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Nito there you are the 2nd person here in Sac that has ordered an i4. The other has a week 31 build and is being painted as we speak and I have a week 32 build and Genius said that it will begin the exterior build on the 9th. Do you have your car yet?
Hey hey hey! No car yet, 01Aug was a Production begin and still sitting there. Dealer said it should be here in Sep… not holding my breath on that. Lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey hey hey! No car yet, 01Aug was a Production begin and still sitting there. Dealer said it should be here in Sep… not holding my breath on that. Lol
I hope that he is right because that means we will get our car in Sept. But I hate to tell you. IT AIN'T Happening. With luck we are looking at first or second week in October and that is with luck.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
@Anxious @It's Nito! By the time you guys get your car maybe I'll have mine, LOL. I'm in Reno, I'll drive down to look at your cars! With free EA charging its not going to cost me, LOL.

·
Registered
106 Posts
@Anxious @It's Nito! By the time you guys get your car maybe I'll have mine, LOL. I'm in Reno, I'll drive down to look at your cars! With free EA charging its not going to cost me, LOL.
@Magicat can't wait to meet. The one thing that I did like about Tesla folks is they have many meet and greets and I was looking forward to them before I canceled the order and went BMW. I've now seen 3 i4's in the area so we are growing. Hopefully by next summer we will have a group of 10 or more here.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
@Magicat can't wait to meet. The one thing that I did like about Tesla folks is they have many meet and greets and I was looking forward to them before I canceled the order and went BMW. I've now seen 3 i4's in the area so we are growing. Hopefully by next summer we will have a group of 10 or more here.
I haven't seen any i4's in my area, but my dealer said I'm the first one out of the dealership...........at least I was going to be the first one, LOL. Yeah, lets meet somewhere near Sac, I'm not that far away. I used to take my Volvo down to Rocklin EA station near the Target. I always use that EA station when heading to the Bay Area to see my Mom.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I haven't seen any i4's in my area, but my dealer said I'm the first one out of the dealership...........at least I was going to be the first one, LOL. Yeah, lets meet somewhere near Sac, I'm not that far away. I used to take my Volvo down to Rocklin EA station near the Target. I always use that EA station when heading to the Bay Area to see my Mom.
Well the halfway point between Sac and Reno is Forebay CA. For is us I believe its just over the other side of Grass Valley or when you are coming this way to see Mom we could meet in Rocklin. Hoping by that time there will be 3 or 4 of us heading that way.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Well the halfway point between Sac and Reno is Forebay CA. For is us I believe its just over the other side of Grass Valley or when you are coming this way to see Mom we could meet in Rocklin. Hoping by that time there will be 3 or 4 of us heading that way.
Cool......I'll keep you informed, but you'll know real quick when I get the car back......EVERYONE will, LOL. Latest news on the issue at hand, they want the X1 back and are going to set me up with a rental from Enterprise.......I hope its not a rattle trap. 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Anxious and ssh

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I was just at Stevens Creek BMW and saw 50 marked 10k above MSRP. They have it available if anyone is interested. The sales advisor said all cancellations will get marked up 10k.
Yeah, I don't do business with them.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: Akaidogg
21 - 40 of 41 Posts