BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my pre order in September 2020, and expect a summer delivery. I am holding off on the pre-order to see about the EV tax credit, which we should probably know more about pretty soon.

I will be a first time BMW owner. I am very excited!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the @The Real AV Guy! What sold you on the i4 compared to other EVs? Especially since it'll be your first BMW?
re

Well, I drive one hour to work and another back so I needed range. That's about 150 miles a day on a typical day if I just go to work and back. In the price point I was willing to pay the only ones that qualify are the i4 and the Tesla Model 3 LR. There are pros and cons with both, but I figure in 5 years the BMW will neutralize at least some of those, i.e. charging stations for longer trips. But the difference in reputation between the two is night and day. Plus, I really like the way it looks on both the interior and exterior compared to the Tesla. Lastly, it's a BMW. It speaks for itself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
re

Well, I drive one hour to work and another back so I needed range. That's about 150 miles a day on a typical day if I just go to work and back. In the price point I was willing to pay the only ones that qualify are the i4 and the Tesla Model 3 LR. There are pros and cons with both, but I figure in 5 years the BMW will neutralize at least some of those, i.e. charging stations for longer trips. But the difference in reputation between the two is night and day. Plus, I really like the way it looks on both the interior and exterior compared to the Tesla. Lastly, it's a BMW. It speaks for itself.
I find it hilarious how 2 hours round trip for you is 150 miles. For me 2 hours round trip is about 60 miles with traffic. Hahaha

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine is almost all highway. There is only a few stoplights on my way to work. I live in a pretty rural area.
It's mostly highway for me as well. Lol
I live 3 blocks from the freeway entrance with no stops or lights. Then it's about 35 miles of highway traffic. I only run into a couple of lights when I exit to arrive at work. Traffic really sucks in the SF Bay Area. Haha

Also forgot to say, welcome to the forum! Which model and configuration do you go with?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's mostly highway for me as well. Lol
I live 3 blocks from the freeway entrance with no stops or lights. Then it's about 35 miles of highway traffic. I only run into a couple of lights when I exit to arrive at work. Traffic really sucks in the SF Bay Area. Haha

Also forgot to say, welcome to the forum! Which model and configuration do you go with?
Thanks! It's been fun and informing here as well.

I gotta go with the eDrive40. I need the range. The one option that is mandatory for me is the assisted driving pro package.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts