BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All! Just finalised my M50 order today.
After some long back and forward with the spec and a weekend to sleep (or not) over it. Today finalised my M50 order.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Full spec:
M50
  • Tansanitblau
  • 19" 859M
  • M-Sport seats with Leather Vernasca Cognac
  • High Executive (pack)
    • Leather Vernasca
    • Alarm
    • Heated front seats
    • Laserlight
    • Live Cockpit Professional
  • BMW Personal CoPilot Pack
    • Driving Assistant Professional
    • Steering and Lane Control Assistant
    • Crossing-traffic Warning front and Wrong-way Warning
    • Avoidance Assistance + Side Collision Warning
    • Parking Assistant Plus
    • Remote 3D View
  • Safety Pack
    • Speed Limit info.
    • Lane Change Warning
    • Crossing-traffic Warning rear
    • Crash Alert rear
    • Active Protection
  • M headlights Shadow Line
  • Addition Shadow Line
  • Harman Kardon
  • Tinted rear windows
  • Heated steeringwheel
  • Comfort Access
  • Towing hook ;-)
Now the very long wait can begin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer dealer had two build slots for this year open, but about 10 pending orders so he was projecting a build slot May/June 2023 but that will be confirmed in July (2022) with the new model year and pricelist.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you are in the US then your lead times might be different than EU ones though. Word is people being quoted over a year in EU.
My understanding is that it is also country dependent. A number of cars is allocated to each country each year, when they are sold out, you have an even bigger issue.
(In Norway the quote is maybe 5000 i4M50 in 2021, very few people know, so far 250 delivered)
(and if my 5000 cars estimate is correct - then less than 10000 i4M50 for Europe, and probably the same for US and Canada)
Registration statistics Norway (including demo cars) : elbilstatistikk.no
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it is country dependant, but here in NL the i4 is 95% (guess) a company car choice with al very limited fiscal benefit.

In our Opendata for car registration the count is 134 edrive40 and 118 M50 as of yesterday in total for the i4 2021 and 2022, so i guess our NL allocation is not that much.
iX as SUV is more popular with 574 total registrations and the iX3 even more with 3302.

Something the Tesla model 3 has shown, 2019 - 30.000 registrations, 2020 - 8600 registrations, 2021 - 2783 registration, 2020 until yesterday 220...
2019 was our last year with interesting EV fiscal benefits.

·
Registered
400 Posts
interesting to compare NL with Norway.
I actually assume that the number of order also in NL for i4's is more than iX, but BMW not yet able to deliver i4 at the moment. - similar to Norway.

You also have good number of sales/deliveries of iX3. In Norway a SUV without AWD is a little bit strange so probably reason for quite low sales in Norway.

Also interesting to see that total deliveries of i4 to NL and Norway is approx the same.

I would be interested to know how the deliveries of i4 40 and i4 M50 is at the moment, I suspect that the factory is mostly building i4 40 at the moment - so very low deliveries to Norway at the moment (most people waiting for the M50)

Tesla Model Y has a lot of interest in Norway - sales of Model 3 is quite low now :

Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot

·
Registered
Ordered: i4 M50 Individual Tansanit Blau
27 Posts
They say the current wait is 12 - 16 months... does this align with what the dealers say on the new orders?
I ordered mine in January and it will be delivered mid August. My dealer said that they got 300 allocations and that they were running out quickly. I think it is very much dependent on if your dealer has open slots or not. If not, then you best look for a dealer that does has some left or else you will wait an eternity.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I ordered mine in January and it will be delivered mid August. My dealer said that they got 300 allocations and that they were running out quickly. I think it is very much dependent on if your dealer has open slots or not. If not, then you best look for a dealer that does has some left or else you will wait an eternity.
Well fingers crossed im getting mine on the 14th of May. But it's been quite a ride, almost a year in waiting (pre-ordered june 2021), so let's say 11 months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was clicking around a bit in de Dutch configurator and noticed the option to change the car background to white.
Now I can see a better differance with the normal Laser lights and the 3MF shadow line option. :) Keeping the shadow line on the order :cool:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
Ordered: i4 M50 Individual Tansanit Blau
27 Posts
Was clicking around a bit in de Dutch configurator and noticed the option to change the car background to white.
Now I can see a better differance with the normal Laser lights and the 3MF shadow line option. :) Keeping the shadow line on the order :cool:
LOL. In all honesty, I had no idea what that Shadow Line Headlights really looked like; I was like yeah sure sounds good, do it! But thanks for sharing, it shows that I made the right decision, too! 😜

1 - 12 of 12 Posts