BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
23 i4 e40, Tanzanite Blue, Oyster Vernasca
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered on Sept 1 (3 weeks ago) and got my vin today! My credit union's super low loan rate expires Dec 5, I think I'm going to miss it by a week or two!!

Going to put my Tesla up for sale once I see my i4 is on the boat.

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,530 Posts
Congrats. I'm happy for you... But, you're not going to get a lot of people thinking this is great. With all who have been waiting so long, this doesn't seem right at all.

Reactions: gsbaker

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats. I'm happy for you... But, you're not going to get a lot of people thinking this is great. With all who have been waiting so long, this doesn't seem right at all.
Can't say I feel too sorry for people who can afford the M's they're waiting so long for, LOL. I'm just being rewarded for not being able to afford the M!

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Congrats! You took an order cancellation, this is what’s called a blue bird! Not just people with M50’s are waiting.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! You took an order cancellation, this is what’s called a blue bird! Not just people with M50’s are waiting.
My dealer said it wasn't a cancellation. I called 20 dealers over the summer and 2 told me they had enough allotments that I would get my car in 3-4 months. The other 18 said 9-12 months. That was several months before I placed my order. And lo and behold they were right.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ordered on Sept 1 (3 weeks ago) and got my vin today! My credit union's super low loan rate expires Dec 5, I think I'm going to miss it by a week or two!!

Going to put my Tesla up for sale once I see my i4 is on the boat.
What’s the rate your CU is offering if you don’t mind me asking. Also a fellow Trojan from so cal.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2.49! Fight On!

·
Registered
BMW i4 E40 M Sport
75 Posts
My dealer said it wasn't a cancellation. I called 20 dealers over the summer and 2 told me they had enough allotments that I would get my car in 3-4 months. The other 18 said 9-12 months. That was several months before I placed my order. And lo and behold they were right.
When did your order get accepted (in other words, when did you get an allocation)? Just curious as I ordered my e40 back in March but just got an allocation on 9/10 as the only BMW dealer here on Oahu had a pretty long waiting list (still the wait was not as long as I expected). I am scheduled for production in week 41 (first week in October) but don't have a VIN yet. I figure I either see one in the next two weeks or they kick my production week right. Does the VIN show up in MyGarage or did you get that info from the dealer or BMW Genius?

Congratulations by the way!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Curious, when you ordered 3 weeks ago did the dealer say that your allocation had a production number?

·
Super Moderator
3,530 Posts
I suspect their definition of "cancellation" and the common one on here are different. I suspect they put orders in anticipating customers, and their effort was rewarded.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Curious, when you ordered 3 weeks ago did the dealer say that your allocation had a production number?
No they said I would have one soon

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I suspect their definition of "cancellation" and the common one on here are different. I suspect they put orders in anticipating customers, and their effort was rewarded.
It is possible! @Techwhiz1 was saying you can see an order history by going to the dealer, when it was added, all the status changes and who changed them.

Reactions: ˈJo͞onyər

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, in the end I guess it doesn't matter, I'm just happy I'll be getting my car before New Years! If I'm really lucky it will be before 12/5 so I can get the lower interest rate.

Reactions: dulcie

·
Super Moderator
3,530 Posts
It is possible! @Techwhiz1 was saying you can see an order history by going to the dealer, when it was added, all the status changes and who changed them.
Yes, and apparently Genius can do this, as well.

Reactions: cruzer666

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I have a full VIR modification report.
I can see every status change. Everytime an option was added, changed from a MY2022 to MY2023, when I went from order received to scheduled for production and back off the schedule.

The BMW genius can also see it.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Super Moderator
3,530 Posts
I can see every status change. Everytime an option was added, changed from a MY2022 to MY2023, when I went from order received to scheduled for production and back off the schedule.

Waiting for my M50......
Hey, @Techwhiz1... do you know the expansion of the VIR acronym? Vehicle Information Report? Or...?

• Helpful

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Yes, and apparently Genius can do this, as well.

Waiting for my M50......
Does BMW genius have access to the history prior to production number being issued? If so, it might be nice for the OP to give them a call to find out when this order went in.

Creating a new thread and touting “I placed a new order and I got a VIN in 3 weeks” without context is a bit of a slap in the face to everyone waiting for over a year. And it’s not just M50’s that are waiting.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not the only one. If people have been waiting a year for an e40 they need to check with a lot more dealerships. I found 2 that are routinely getting e40's in 3 months

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I'm not the only one. If people have been waiting a year for an e40 they need to check with a lot more dealerships. I found 2 that are routinely getting e40's in 3 months
Which dealerships?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts