BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hi @kenny951013, welcome to the gang of BMW-psychotics, I believe you are our first member from Asia. If it is any consolation, I also haven't got a production number, much less a delivery date from my dealer in Texas, USA. However, the people that pre-ordered very early and mostly the Europeans have started to get delivery dates, and some have seen their dates improved, so I think BMW is slowly but steadily taking control of the much higher demand than they planned.

On the mean time, do look around in this forum, and enjoy the chats, it makes the wait bearable!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @kenny951013, welcome to the gang of BMW-psychotics, I believe you are our first member from Asia. If it is any consolation, I also haven't got a production number, much less a delivery date from my dealer in Texas, USA. However, the people that pre-ordered very early and mostly the Europeans have started to get delivery dates, and some have seen their dates improved, so I think BMW is slowly but steadily taking control of the much higher demand than they planned.

In the mean time, do look around in this forum, and enjoy the chats, it makes the wait bearable!
BMW Taiwan also started pre-order in May. They didn't release the selling price until the end of Nov. I didn't put US$2100 for pre-order. BMW's selling price in Taiwan is usually much more expensive than in the United States, but the price of i4 is relatively reasonable. The e40 is priced at 2.5 million Taiwan dollars, which is approximately US$90,000. The price of BMW430GC is as high as US$104,000. I originally wanted to buy a BMW430GC. When I entered the booth and knew the price, I immediately changed my mind.

·
Registered
20 Posts

On the mean time, do look around in this forum, and enjoy the chats, it makes the wait bearable!
Not really... I know of at least one person in Hong Kong who lurks around here. So together with me there are at least two. But anyway I also want to welcome @kenny951013 to this forum !

You are right the wait is getting unbearable, especially in this part of the world where updates from the dealer is zero, zilch, nada. It is all but certain we will be getting our i4's only long after deliveries to Europe and North America have begun, so it will be a very long wait for us over in Asia.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Sorry, @seemebreakthis and the Hong Kong member, I did not mean to deny your existence. Glad you're with us, and please contribute to thread "The secret life of Forum's members" with pictures from your neck of the woods, it's one of the most fun and free-flowing threads here, and started by the star contributor of this forum, @Mycroft from France.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered e40 on 3rd Dec. It's hot sales in Taiwan. No further shipping information from the dealer.
I am also from Taiwan. In the fact, I am also a Bimmer. I drive F31 320i Touring. And, my wife drives 218i AT. Since my plan for these EVs(target might be iX50) is to replace my F31 in 2 years, I just read the articles or replies more. Congratulate on your ordering i4 !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am also from Taiwan. In the fact, I am also a Bimmer. I drive F31 320i Touring. And, my wife drives 218i AT. Since my plan for these EVs(target might be iX50) is to replace my F31 in 2 years, I just read the articles or replies more. Congratulate on your ordering i4 !!
Thanks Jay. No sure if I can get my i4 in 2022.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Jay. No sure if I can get my i4 in 2022.
I think that it could be since you've ordered it. In the middle of Nov., my sales told me that the delivery could be in coming Apr. if I ordered i4 at that time. Since you've already ordered, I don't think that you could not get the car in 2022.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that it could be since you've ordered it. In the middle of Nov., my sales told me that the delivery could be in coming Apr. if I ordered i4 at that time. Since you've already ordered, I don't think that you could not get the car in 2022.
I went to Neihu BMS and put NTD100k on 1st of Dec. The sales has no idea if I get my car in this year. Originally, I wanted to order 330i. My order number is 503. According to the news I saw in Taiwan, BMW only allocates 300 cars for the Taiwanese market next year. My order number is 50X. ><

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went to Neihu BMS and put NTD100k on 1st of Dec. The sales has no idea if I get my car in this year. Originally, I wanted to order 330i. My order number is 503. According to the news I saw in Taiwan, BMW only allocates 300 cars for the Taiwanese market next year. My order number is 50X. ><
If it's so, the situation is too bad, even worse than Tesla. If we order Tesla Model 3 now, the delivery would not be later than 1 or 2 quarters. Yet, Tesla is not a good selection if you want a premier build quality and superior interior. But, I also learned that BMW had added their production quantity for these 2 EVs. So, maybe the situation could be improved soon.
Anyway, if your demand is not so urgent, I think it should be worthwhile to wait for i4.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Wait times for i4 currently about 9-10 months in the US from the pre-order (pre-order early June 2021 = delivery expected mid March 2022); BMW is negotiating with their union (the so-called "works council") to add a Saturday shift starting next month, which could potentially increase the output of i4s by 50%, so there's hope. Deliveries started on 26-Nov-2021 in Germany, 15-Dec-2021 in Norway and 18-Dec-2021 in France, expected in March in the US, "early summer" in Canada.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If it's so, the situation is too bad, even worse than Tesla. If we order Tesla Model 3 now, the delivery would not be later than 1 or 2 quarters. Yet, Tesla is not a good selection if you want a premier build quality and superior interior. But, I also learned that BMW had added their production quantity for these 2 EVs. So, maybe the situation could be improved soon.
Anyway, if your demand is not so urgent, I think it should be worthwhile to wait for i4.
Yes, I still can wait for it. BMW TW just announced that the iX will be exhibited at Taipei 101 on Dec-30th. i4 is coming soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wait times for i4 currently about 9-10 months in the US from the pre-order (pre-order early June 2021 = delivery expected mid March 2022); BMW is negotiating with their union (the so-called "works council") to add a Saturday shift starting next month, which could potentially increase the output of i4s by 50%, so there's hope. Deliveries started on 26-Nov-2021 in Germany, 15-Dec-2021 in Norway and 18-Dec-2021 in France, expected in March in the US, "early summer" in Canada.
That will be great. I hope operators are well trained.

·
Registered
902 Posts
That will be great. I hope operators are well trained.
They will be dedicated to cars for Asia for the first month (sorry, could not resist) :ROFLMAO:. Seriously, BMW is a German company that has been in business for 100 years, I think they train their employees. Even Tesla claims its Giga Factory Berlin will benefit from the well-educated-and-trained German workforce!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They will be dedicated to cars for Asia for the first month (sorry, could not resist) :ROFLMAO:. Seriously, BMW is a German company that has been in business for 100 years, I think they train their employees. Even Tesla claims its Giga Factory Berlin will benefit from the well-educated-and-trained German workforce!
I believe the i4 build quality will be much better than Telsa. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts