BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from a new dutch member.
Let me introduce myself. We live in Utrecht (netherlands) and have not (yet) ordered an i4. We are still waiting for the opportunity to testdrive an edrive40. This might take a while since we have quite a tight lockdown in effect. We have however testfitted in an ICE 4 series and everything was fine in there.
We are still trying all kinds of configurations which won't bust the bank. It's not going to be a company car so we have to pay for it with our own money.

We have 2 kids of 9 and 11 year old and we drive an e91. The i4 is going to be our only car, so basicly it's going to be nicely shaped family car. Mostly it's going to take my wife to and from her work.

Our build (on paper)
i4 edrive40
inside colour: cognac sensatec
colour: probably sanremo green or aventurin red. we liked the sunset orange, but according to my wife is does not match with the cognac interiour
17" airo wheels
hk stereo
electric seats
heated seats in the front
adaptive cruise control
parking assistance
live cockpit profesional
wireless charging pad for our phones
tow bar (we have a tent trailer)

Jeroen (the dutch version of Jeremy)

·
Registered
MB GLA
281 Posts
Hello from a new dutch member.
Let me introduce myself. We live in Utrecht (netherlands) and have not (yet) ordered an i4. We are still waiting for the opportunity to testdrive an edrive40. This might take a while since we have quite a tight lockdown in effect. We have however testfitted in an ICE 4 series and everything was fine in there.
We are still trying all kinds of configurations which won't bust the bank. It's not going to be a company car so we have to pay for it with our own money.

We have 2 kids of 9 and 11 year old and we drive an e91. The i4 is going to be our only car, so basicly it's going to be nicely shaped family car. Mostly it's going to take my wife to and from her work.

Our build (on paper)
i4 edrive40
inside colour: cognac sensatec
colour: probably sanremo green or aventurin red. we liked the sunset orange, but according to my wife is does not match with the cognac interiour
17" airo wheels
hk stereo
electric seats
heated seats in the front
adaptive cruise control
parking assistance
live cockpit profesional
wireless charging pad for our phones
tow bar (we have a tent trailer)

Jeroen (the dutch version of Jeremy)
HI Jeroen, welcome in the forum :)
Concerning the tow bar is it an option from BMW?

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
Hi Jeroen, one important question: How tall are you? And how do you drive yourself? With the seat all the way down? And what about the back of your seat, straight up or more leaning backward?

·
Registered
902 Posts
View attachment 4345
Mind the pound sign, not € euros
Is this not available in the US?
I have not seen it in the US configurator nor in the US price list. In either case, our US standards are different, there is a square tube, either 1-1/4" (32mm) or 2" (51mm) side, and we insert a hitch with the ball on it. BMW is probably doing the design of the American hitch now, hopefully they will release it for the US launch in March 2022.

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
When you put an aftermarket towbar on your car, you probably will have problems with the rear sensors and the Rear View Camera.

·
Registered
902 Posts
When you put an aftermarket towbar on your car, you probably will have problems with the rear sensors and the Rear View Camera.
@JST1963, I would definitely prefer a BMW-provided and supported hitch, but it has not been offered until now. The rear camera should not be a problem, it is inside the BMW badge; as far as the rear ultrasound and radar sensors, I guess it depends a lot on the hitch mount, but again, I know that BMW is still working on the US version of the i4, they haven't even got it approved yet for driving on public roads here, so we'll see what they show by next March.

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
Well, you can always disable the rear sensors when towing a U-Haul :LOL:
And with the rear view camera you can always check if the trailer is still there without looking up in the mirror, hahahahaha

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
No it's not in Canada, I would like to get it for bikes!! My neighbor has a Hyundai Kona EV and because Hyundai do not offer a tow bar he found a guy to install one only for biker either and it's look great! I will probably have to check with him!
You should move to Holland. Almost everyone has a towbar for either their bicycles or their caravan.
Holland, bikeland numero uno! (y)

·
Registered
MB GLA
281 Posts
Well, you can always disable the rear sensors when towing a U-Haul :LOL:
And with the rear view camera you can always check if the trailer is still there without looking up in the mirror, hahahahaha
Very funny Mr. JST1963 AhAhAh
Holland!!! Hmmm interesting I will think about that ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Jeroen, one important question: How tall are you? And how do you drive yourself? With the seat all the way down? And what about the back of your seat, straight up or more leaning backward?
I am 1.86 meter and my wife is about 1.65. In our current cat I sit quite low, however the kids will have to be able to place their feet somewhere. I did see that there is quite a difference in thickness between normal seats and the M-version ones. In an advanced driving course I learned to sit low, but straight up so you don't slid under your seatbelt when you have a crash :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HI Jeroen, welcome in the forum :)
Concerning the tow bar is it an option from BMW?
Thanks!
It is an original option and costs euro 1174, so pretty comparable with the 1000 pound price in the UK. Best thing is that it's electronically deployable, so all the time you are not using it the car is at its best. The car can tow 1600 kilo's with it, which is great. A tenttrailer is only allowed to weigh 750Kg

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
I am 1.86 meter and my wife is about 1.65. In our current cat I sit quite low, however the kids will have to be able to place their feet somewhere. I did see that there is quite a difference in thickness between normal seats and the M-version ones. In an advanced driving course I learned to sit low, but straight up so you don't slid under your seatbelt when you have a crash :)
One of the problems when putting your seat all the way down is that there's hardly any space to put the rear seat passengers' feet underneath your seat. If you put the seat straight up, there will be plenty of room for the knees of the kids. Just be aware of their feet... It'll work, but also, don't forget, your kids will still grow...

·
Registered
2014 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
55 Posts
We are still waiting for the opportunity to testdrive an edrive40. This might take a while since we have quite a tight lockdown in effect.
Welcome to the forum Jeroen and hi from a fellow Dutchman.

I planned my test drive of the i4 M50 for January 15th, the day the current lockdown should end, on the day that this lockdown was announced.:oops: When I scheduled the test drive, the salesman said they'd find a way to do the testdrive regardless of whether there is a lockdown. Since then I've gotten an email from van Poelgeest (my dealer) saying they'll do "remote touchless" test drives or something like that. Long story short; If I were you, I'd get in touch with my dealer to see what they can do.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts