BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
i4 M50
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I would like to introduce myself. I did order my i4 M50 in September with delivery date May, 2022.
Fully spec (missing only some options ex: M seats, carbon exterior pack and ventilated seats due to the clash with electric seats and leather on the dash).
This is my first EV, but I was considering some others Tesla, Audi e-tron GT or Sportback. Switching from an ICE car. Honestly, I was not even thinking about BMW before :cool:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Gear shift

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Head restraint

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Can't really wait for the test drive and especially for the actual order to be delivered.

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
@3er : can you send me the link to your digital brochure?

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
Wonderful combination, that Dravit Grey with the oyster colored seats (y)(y)(y)

Reactions: 3er

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've also ordered the Davit Grey and love the oyster coloured seats but I have office chairs that colour and they are a bugger to keep clean. With two active dogs that get daily walks in muddy fields and woods my car is never clean.

·
Registered
i4 M50
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. @JST1963 and @Baker Canada :)
I have currently red A5 with dark interior. i4 doesn't really well presents in red, so due to the need to change to dravit grey I did wanted to go initially with grey/black and ventilated seats. However, you can't get electric seats with ventilation, so decided to go with oyster to have a car brighter inside. Actually, we have had car in the past with similar color from VW and after 5 years, it wasn't so bad. It is a car to drive around the chimney, so I would expect it will be fine.

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
Thank you. @JST1963 and @Baker Canada :)
I have currently red A5 with dark interior. i4 doesn't really well presents in red, so due to the need to change to dravit grey I did wanted to go initially with grey/black and ventilated seats. However, you can't get electric seats with ventilation, so decided to go with oyster to have a car brighter inside. Actually, we have had car in the past with similar color from VW and after 5 years, it wasn't so bad. It is a car to drive around the chimney, so I would expect it will be fine.
Actually you do have electric seats when you select "Ventilated Seats". This was a discussion on one of the topics on this forum.

Edit: Found it: Right here + the following posts
Marvelous found out that everything you have in the normal electric options for the seat is also available in the ventilated seats

·
Registered
i4 M50
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually you do have electric seats when you select "Ventilated Seats". This was a discussion on one of the topics on this forum.

Edit: Found it: Right here + the following posts
Marvelous found out that everything you have in the normal electric options for the seat is also available in the ventilated seats
Hmm... So, here is my story. I did order ventilated seats. Then went back to multiple dealers to double check. I went after BMW HQ in Poland and they told me 2 different answers on multiple days. Finally, question was sent to BMW Munich.
Answer was: not possible - due to limited space under seat to fit both electric and ventilation.
Also BMW team went to Austria for i4 events for a week. They did talk to BMW manufacturing rep, who also has confirmed that ventilated seats are unavailable with electric option exactly due to lack of space and higher electricity consumption.

Therefore I played safe - removed ventilated seats and brought electric seats.
I found that even digital brochure and rendered pictures in configuration keeps changing in area of memory buttons on the doors when you select one or the other option. With electric seats: silver buttons are being rendered and with ventilated seats just a black covers.

I will re-check or will get winter wheels for free from my BMW dealer :p

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
Please do check, and let us know. We are very interested, even though our car has been ordered already (and, no, I'm not gonna change....)

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
@3er , you are apparently right when you say electric seats do not go together with ventilated seats !!!!

No matter what anybody else here claims about this, it is correct: you can't have both at the same time. When you select "Ventilated Seats", the option "Electric Front Seats" will be unchecked. And even though it says in the Belgian pricelist that these ventilated seats have their own electrical function, well, they don't, they are manual!
This comes from a person who had ventilated seats on his order, started to doubt because of the alarming posts here on the forum, and checked again with his dealer.
So, once again:
Ventilated seats are manual seats !!!
Thx, K, for checking it out again!

I hope I'm so wrong about this, but if it is like that....then so be it....shame on BMW for misleading us all.

EDIT: still not sure about all this....be patient...

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
OK, the battle ain't over yet....
Once again, contradictions are spread all over our alcohol-soaked brains...
So, hold your horses, everybody, we'll check it out, but it seems there is a great possibility that the electric functions do work but with triple-A batteries....just kidding...
We'll just find out, even if we have to go on foot to Munich!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Known informations:

Ventilated seats are always electric. And M sport seats in the i4 the same
Only the normal sport seats you can get manually. And only in the 40.
(Germany)

But why is there no "electric front seats" option for venitilated seats but for M sport seats?

Ventilated seats are always electric, so you will get the electric twice - make no sense -> no extra option "electric front seats".
For M sport seats must there be the option for "electric front seats" cause the electric option is excluded (price).

Talking about this pic

ventilated seats -> no option for electric means not its manually but you dont need the option cause its always electric.

·
Registered
i4 M50
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@JST1963 I have already sent an email to my dealer. I should get some feedback in 2nd week of January as we have a lot of bank holidays this and next week.

Dealer rep was very convincing to claim that ventilated seats are always coming as electric (this way it comes with 440i GT and GC), but as soon as manufacturing team stepped in they reverted their statement. They confirmed in writing:
"No electric steering in ventilated seats due to lack of space and energy consumption balance."

Again - I will check again with yet another bunch of dealers. However, until I will see it live - I will play safe - I do prefer electrical steering. Especially that ventilated seats are unavailable with oyster color.

·
Registered
138 Posts
the steering (wheel) is always not electrical adjustable.

regardless of which seats or memory

But the ventilated seats are electric, its clear on the price list (Germany).

Seat with active seat ventilation
  • includes seat adjustment, electric, with memory
  • Perforated seat and backrest center panels of the front seats and outer rear seats
  • Front seats with seat depth adjustment

Only in conjunction with black Vernasca leather with decorative stitching or Vernasca leather mocha with decorative stitching.
Only in conjunction with heated seats for driver and front passenger / heated seats front and rear

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
But the ventilated seats are electric, its clear on the price list (Germany).
And so it is on the Belgian price list as said before. It was just that two people here got wrong information from their dealer. So it would be a pity if someone who really wanted ventilated seats, like @3er , hears from the dealer that it's not possible, and then changes his order...for nothing....

Reactions: 3er

·
Registered
i4 M50
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was not looking for electric steering driving wheel ;). In Polish configurator once you select ventilation seats, electrical regulation is removed and they do not mention anything similar to German price list.
To be perfectly honest as I was ordering car in August, I went to multiple foreign BMW pages to check ventilated seats with electric steering. For me this was obvious that it should be a standard, but dealers were saying something different.
Really for me this was very surprising and kind of weird... This car isn't cheap and it is supposed to be premium ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
My apologies if I am further contributing to the "off topic" subject of ventilated electrical seats, but I wanted to share my interpretation. Adding ventilated seats does not remove electric front seats with memory. However, the electrical adjustable seat side bolsters feature will be removed, probably - as suggested by others - due to lack of space to combine both these electrical features.

Whereas the US website configurator is poorly implemented, the bmw.ca version is much clearer in this regard. Just start a new i4 configuration with sensatec seats and then try to add ventilated seats. You'll need to agree to black or mocha vernasca leather first and then you get the question if you want either "Adjustable Driver Seat Side Bolsters" or "Ventilated Front Seats". You can only select one - the other option gets automatically deselected. If you select "Ventilated Front Seats" the configurator then goes to inform you of "further automatic changes" (i.e. required options if you choose leather ventilated seats). Included in this list of "automatic changes" is the option "Electric Front Seats with Driver Memory".

If the bmw.ca configurator is correct, and representative for the comfort seat options in all regions, this is good news.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts