BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am now set on leasing an M50. For a little history, since December 19 I have been leasing a Tesla Model 3 Performance, lease expires on December 8th. It’s a great piece of kit, but I have found that after the initial ‘OMG this is so quick’ moments started to wear off, I have become less enamoured with the car as time has gone on. Number one annoyance for me is the noise levels (ironic in a car with a near silent drivetrain). Road noise is really apparent, with wind noise at the top of the drivers window becoming really annoying at speeds over 60 mph. It also has a feeling about it that corners were cut, not in the drivetrain but in the car that sits on top of it. I think I notice these things more as I came from a Lexus previously, and before that a BMW E39 530i.

So, it’s back to BMW for me. I started off looking at the i4 edrive40, but couldn’t help myself - it’s got to be the M50. Sapphire Black with the 19” wheels and the Comfort Pack is where I am currently heading. I’m now really looking forward to sorting out the lease in the near future.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome fellow UK. Nice selection on the car. I have gone very similar but M50 in Brooklyn Grey with 19" wheels, sports seats and comfort pack. Due week 50 as it stands right now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
When did you order? I didn’t get any estimate for when my car would be delivered here.
I ordered on the 20th May which was the first day I could and my BMW dealer took my 3 series off me last week as I am just going to use my second car of a Nissan leaf until the M50 arrives, the leaf goes back in Feb so I am in no mad rush but I would like to get it as soon as I can as I was the first at my dealer to place an order. He expected week 50 would be right and what his system was currently saying but I did see mention of November somewhere yesterday.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I didn’t order until a couple of weeks ago. The dealer talked about March or April, but they also thought production would start in December, so hard to say. I don’t think they had a clue, but good for you that your guy had some insight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts