BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I placed and order for an eDrive40 back in November and am glad I have found this forum. Feel like the poor man though since it looks like most have gone for the M50

It’s a lease car through work and the lease company have given me a date of March 31st 2022. However judging by some of the wait times everyone is talking about on here I’m not sure that date is realistic .

I finally got to see one in the flesh last week when my local dealer had some cars on show at a local venue. Looks great and I’m very happy I’ve gone with it. Hoping to test drive one soon too.

This will be my first EV and first BMW after driving Audi’s for a long time. The car being replaced is a facelift RS3

Look forward to chatting with you all while we wait for our cars.

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MB GLA
319 Posts
Hi all,
I placed and order for an eDrive40 back in November and am glad I have found this forum. Feel like the poor man though since it looks like most have gone for the M50

It’s a lease car through work and the lease company have given me a date of March 31st 2022. However judging by some of the wait times everyone is talking about on here I’m not sure that date is realistic .

I finally got to see one in the flesh last week when my local dealer had some cars on show at a local venue. Looks great and I’m very happy I’ve gone with it. Hoping to test drive one soon too.

This will be my first EV and first BMW after driving Audi’s for a long time. The car being replaced is a facelift RS3

Welcome on the forum Jonno25. You will find many infos here and the guys (I believe we have one woman) are really cool :cool:
Don't worry about I40 we are some with this version and we feel good ;)
Concerning the delivery date, yes don't be too much optimist there is many chance to be delayed :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome Baker Canada. I think you’re right the wait may well be longer . Let’s see

·
i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
955 Posts
the i40 will apparently be delivered "en masse" way before the M50, so you might be lucky :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
the i40 will apparently be delivered "en masse" way before the M50, so you might be lucky :)
Hi all,

Jon

Hi Jonno25!

I too have ordered the edrive 40, as the msport option, which has most of the m50 features except for the second motor.

I believe in the UK this is presented as one of three i4 models, whereas in the US we assemble the package from several component options.

I chose this path in order to get the greater range, while still getting most of the performance. While not havingvthe acceleration of the m50 I can still lise my drivers license in under ten seconds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jonno25!

I too have ordered the edrive 40, as the msport option, which has most of the m50 features except for the second motor.

I believe in the UK this is presented as one of three i4 models, whereas in the US we assemble the package from several component options.

I chose this path in order to get the greater range, while still getting most of the performance. While not havingvthe acceleration of the m50 I can still lise my drivers license in under ten seconds.
Oh nice, I hope you’re right about the mass production of the 40 would be great if they get close to that March prediction.

When I looked at the base model here in the UK it was already very well equipped. I just added the Tech Pack and it kinda had everything I needed.

You’re right about the performance too. The 40 is still a pretty quick car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts