BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have been lurking on this forum for a while now and registered today. I ordered an i4 M50 back in January and expect delivery mid July this year.

Happy to be part of this group

E30

·
i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
2,250 Posts
Hi and welcome....
Positive mindset :oops:

I ordered in November 2021, and I expected it somewhere in June.... but it turns out it'll November 2022

·
Registered
M50, Sapphire black, Tacora red leather, Piano black trim, Comfort Pack, full Technology Plus Pack
194 Posts
What, ordered in January 2022 – and you expect a car by July… July this year!? That will be amazing if it happens.

·
Registered
M50, Sapphire black, Tacora red leather, Piano black trim, Comfort Pack, full Technology Plus Pack
194 Posts
Yeah, I think it's pretty likely. But by how much, I've no idea. Seems pretty random to be honest.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The dealer did say I managed to secure the last of their allocated slots.
And that is the key part. I was going to say that July is realistic for a January order if the dealer has unused allocation. I ordered early December and my car (at time of press!) is still scheduled for a late June delivery.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi

I have been lurking on this forum for a while now and registered today. I ordered an i4 M50 back in January and expect delivery mid July this year.

E30
Hello E30, I ordered an M50 January 8th, after calls to the dealership each month, e mailed the BMW Instagram site a couple of weeks ago with no news still 047, sent another e mail yesterday and got the message that the car was scheduled for production which is news I was not expecting so there is hope for everyone in the UK!

·
Registered
M50, Dravit Grey, Tech Plus Pack, Ext Shadowline (Ordered Oct 21)
39 Posts
Hi

E30
Welcome.
Ordered in Jan and expected by July? Good luck with that.

Ordered in October, told should be here by March/April.

Reality: Still no build week/Status 047.

But yea, July. Lol

·
Registered
548 Posts
@PJS1986 you have missed the important part. The dealer he bought from had unused allocation so he will have been status 111 immediately and July is a realistic delivery date for a January order in those circumstances.

Clearly the dealer/finance company you ordered from doesn't have any unused allocation available to them so you are still 047.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@PJS1986 you have missed the important part. The dealer he bought from had unused allocation so he will have been status 111 immediately and July is a realistic delivery date for a January order in those circumstances.

Clearly the dealer/finance company you ordered from doesn't have any unused allocation available to them so you are still 047.
Thank you J_P. Would you please let me know how I can check the status here in the UK?

·
Registered
548 Posts
My dealer has given me monthly updates since I ordered and has promised me more regular updates now that it is 112.

I haven't done it but I have read here that if you get the BMW order number from your dealer (I think I read this is a 7 digit number), you can ring BMW direct and they can give you status updates too.

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
230 Posts
I haven't done it but I have read here that if you get the BMW order number from your dealer (I think I read this is a 7 digit number), you can ring BMW direct and they can give you status updates too.
Yes, that's correct. If you have your BMW order number you can phone the BMW line and they'll tell you the details. If you don't have the order number, only your dealer can help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone ordered via Listers?

My M50 was ordered in Dec 21 with Zenith and they placed the order with Listers Droitwich.

Been status 047 ever since and getting any update on a potential allocation has been painful.

Getting increasingly frustrated with other UK orders seeming to be making progress whilst both Zenith and Listers hide behind each other in my case!

·
Registered
548 Posts
From what I have read here, there don't seem to have been any further allocations since the initial allocations last year. So if you didn't get an allocation when you originally placed your order then you won't see any movement ATM.

Those that have got allocations and haven't got their cars yet are talking mostly about July/August deliveries so BMW must make some new allocations soonish or they won't have any orders for cars beyond that period. The dealer will know more because they should know where you are on their backorder list but they may not talk to you because you aren't their customer (Zenith is).

With all these delays and shortages, its a particularly ---------- time to lease a car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That’s the problem, the dealer won’t tell me anything other than they have no control over allocations and all Zenith say is that they are chasing the dealer but don’t have details on where I am in terms of receiving an allocation.

From what I’ve seen on here there has been some movement this month with folk moving from 047 but nothing on my order.

I spoken to both the dealer and Zenith a few times but I’m now bordering on peeing them off so I will need to reign it in a bit!

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
230 Posts
From what I have read here, there don't seem to have been any further allocations since the initial allocations last year. So if you didn't get an allocation when you originally placed your order then you won't see any movement ATM.
There was a new round of UK allocations last week. Minus the DAP, HUD and other fun bits.

Reactions: Matin7

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got factory acceptance and build date confirmation last week which ties in with Squirrells note about allocations, but no mention of HUD not being available, I guess I will find out in September when delivery is currently scheduled......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts