BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new here just thought I'd share my experience with buying my i4 so far. I was very late in the game with pre-ordering which was just recently in April 2022. At that time we were told to expect to wait a year to receive the car. However in the same breath our sales guy told us that our dealership was told it was possible that some people that pre-order now might receive their car as soon as December 2022. In the end I decided to order the i4 edrive 40 2022 with 99% of all the features/options available. (At this time I was specifically told 2023 was not an option yet)

With that in mind; A week ago we received a bazaar email from our sales rep telling us that we could no longer have ANY features/options with our car and that the only way to get those features would be to order the i4 M50 2023. Along with this he also explained that someone had cancelled their M50 and said I could have their place in line which after production would put me at receiving delivery around October'ish.

At first I was rather upset as I knew this meant bumping the purchase price considerably. But after careful consideration I decided it would be nice to have all wheel drive and two motors along with the bump in speed.

Anyway, I've been buying cars for a really long time but I've never ran into an odd buying experience like this so I thought I'd share. Good luck on getting your cars folks and happy motoring.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Hello all,

I'm new here just thought I'd share my experience with buying my i4 so far. I was very late in the game with pre-ordering which was just recently in April 2022. At that time we were told to expect to wait a year to receive the car. However in the same breath our sales guy told us that our dealership was told it was possible that some people that pre-order now might receive their car as soon as December 2022. In the end I decided to order the i4 edrive 40 2022 with 99% of all the features/options available. (At this time I was specifically told 2023 was not an option yet)

With that in mind; A week ago we received a bazaar email from our sales rep telling us that we could no longer have ANY features/options with our car and that the only way to get those features would be to order the i4 M50 2023. Along with this he also explained that someone had cancelled their M50 and said I could have their place in line which after production would put me at receiving delivery around October'ish.

At first I was rather upset as I knew this meant bumping the purchase price considerably. But after careful consideration I decided it would be nice to have all wheel drive and two motors along with the bump in speed.

Anyway, I've been buying cars for a really long time but I've never ran into an odd buying experience like this so I thought I'd share. Good luck on getting your cars folks and happy motoring.
well, you can have a few options, just not all, for now is missing PAP and DAPP

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
952 Posts
Classic dealer up-sell.

Reactions: kipsate

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
734 Posts
Hello all,

Same for, I think, everyone involved with purchasing an i4. This is a very unique experience to say the least.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Classic dealer up-sell.
Up-sell yes, but not the dealer's fault. BMW corporate removed DAPP and PAP as options from the e40, and left it to the dealers to deliver the bad news.
If its a limited supply of chips for DAPP and PAP, it makes sense to limit it the option to the higher margin version.
Sucks if you had your heart set on the e40... on the other hand, if you compare the EV's that can do 0-60 in under 4s, the m50 is still the 2nd cheapest option
(This chart does not include the recent BMW and Tesla price changes)
Font Parallel Screenshot Pattern Magenta

1 - 6 of 6 Posts