BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

New member with order placed in early April of this year. My dealer is number 1 in area and has most allocations. I am about 20-22 on the list of 38 last I checked.

Been a little over a month, and I was wondering how long I can expect it to take to get a slot or production number? From my research reading on this forum the answers are "who knows" and "a while" but I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of maybe an average wait for slot/production or just general info?

Anything is appreciated :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
There really is no data.
BMW is still trying to build cars from the first pre-order wave of June 2021.

Allocations are iffy at best. There are people that ordered in Dec or Jan still waiting for a production number. It could be a while or it could be tomorrow. Nobody knows.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

·
Registered
12 Posts
There really is no data.
BMW is still trying to build cars from the first pre-order wave of June 2021.

Allocations are iffy at best. There are people that ordered in Dec or Jan still waiting for a production number. It could be a while or it could be tomorrow. Nobody knows.
This pretty much sums it up. I ordered in early Feb. from two different dealers and neither one has received any allocations other than the pre-order cars...

·
Registered
631 Posts
This pretty much sums it up. I ordered in early Feb. from two different dealers and neither one has received any allocations other than the pre-order cars...
I just called BMW USA and was told that as of today production has stopped in Munich.

My car went from scheduled for production to order received with no pending production date.

·
Registered
i4 40e Brooklyn Grey/Black leather Blue stitching/M Sport pkg/Premium pkg/HK sound
97 Posts
I just called BMW USA and was told that as of today production has stopped in Munich.

My car went from scheduled for production to order received with no pending production date.

Mine went back to order received with build no week two days ago. Sucks that production.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40 M Sport - Portimao Blue
33 Posts
Mine went from scheduled to production to order received last week, but I just looked and now it says scheduled for production again?

Perhaps the delay didn't get reflected in my order yet and I'll be back to "order received" for the third time.

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
1,287 Posts
Mine went from scheduled to production to order received last week, but I just looked and now it says scheduled for production again?

Perhaps the delay didn't get reflected in my order yet and I'll be back to "order received" for the third time.
What build week were you?

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
361 Posts
I'm at 5.5 months since I got my VIR, and still no production number.
There many people who ordered long before me that still don't have a production number.
I'd say that you have some time to take a brisk stroll, or knock out some items on the ToDo list while you're waiting for that first bit of progress. 😬 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: dudenjen

·
Registered
457 Posts
I ordered on July 11. I was on build week 15, moved to 21 and now on 25. I’m slowly starting to loose hope that I will get mine this year. Exploring other options.
Agreed, same scenario.........ordered 6/6/2021; bld week 14 moved back forth several times. Now I'm at "order received " and no bld week.😡😡😡😡

·
Registered
318 Posts
Agreed, same scenario.........ordered 6/6/2021; bld week 14 moved back forth several times. Now I'm at "order received " and no bld week.😡😡😡😡
You and I are usually on the same path. Right now i'm still in scheduled for production but you're worrying me

• Sad
Reactions: dudenjen
1 - 20 of 32 Posts