BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
I preordered in Sept and do not expect a production number for a month or two and delivery mid 4th quarter this year...we'll see. Apparently, production in Munich is shut down right now.....?

Registered
2012 Prius Plug-In
Agreed, same scenario.........ordered 6/6/2021; bld week 14 moved back forth several times. Now I'm at "order received " and no bld week.馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨
This happened to me last week. Was scheduled for week 22 on Friday, went to order received with no build week on Saturday, then on Monday I was back to scheduled for production. Called the Genius line and I had moved to week 25. Fully expecting this to change again within the next few weeks. As it keeps getting pushed back, I keep contemplating if I should push for an Individual color. 馃槄

Registered
This happened to me last week. Was scheduled for week 22 on Friday, went to order received with no build week on Saturday, then on Monday I was back to scheduled for production. Called the Genius line and I had moved to week 25. Fully expecting this to change again within the next few weeks. As it keeps getting pushed back, I keep contemplating if I should push for an Individual color.
Just went back to "order received".

I am debating individual leather at this point.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

Registered
There really is no data.
BMW is still trying to build cars from the first pre-order wave of June 2021.

Allocations are iffy at best. There are people that ordered in Dec or Jan still waiting for a production number. It could be a while or it could be tomorrow. Nobody knows.

i ordered December and got my production number last week, production week 21, but it began production this week I think. Delivery probably mid July

Registered
This happened to me last week. Was scheduled for week 22 on Friday, went to order received with no build week on Saturday, then on Monday I was back to scheduled for production. Called the Genius line and I had moved to week 25. Fully expecting this to change again within the next few weeks. As it keeps getting pushed back, I keep contemplating if I should push for an Individual color. 馃槄
My theory is I got punished for changing interior color. So as an experiment I鈥檓 not changing anything this time and seeing if my production stays the same.

Registered
Yes, cuz once it gets to port, could be another nightmare their , getting it to the dealer.
Damn, a little worrying. I have a VIN too. Fingers crossed tho. My dealer told me that im the first person to get a prod. Number from their dealership. They鈥檙e a smaller dealership I think. Everyone else is all M50鈥檚 and I鈥檓 an e40. I also am not too far from port of Newark (45 min) so hopefully delivery from port to dealer isn鈥檛 bad either.

Registered
There really is no data.
BMW is still trying to build cars from the first pre-order wave of June 2021.

Allocations are iffy at best. There are people that ordered in Dec or Jan still waiting for a production number. It could be a while or it could be tomorrow. Nobody knows.

This is so true. I placed my reservation/order on September 20, 2021 and still do not have a production number. My dealer did not receive any allocations for the M50 for April 2022 so we are hoping it will be May that it goes into a production slot. I am number 7 on the list at the moment.

Registered
This is so true. I placed my reservation/order on September 20, 2021 and still do not have a production number. My dealer did not receive any allocations for the M50 for April 2022 so we are hoping it will be May that it goes into a production slot. I am number 7 on the list at the moment.
Agree. I also preordered towards the end of Sept '21 and don't have a production number. My CA also said they expect some production numbers end of May and then continue to receive allocations at the end of subsequent months. I'm hoping to get a production number in June.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts