BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can literally anything be changed with the equipment ordered prior to BMW assigning a build #? I assume you can’t go from an M50 to a e40 or an e40 to an M50, but is there anything else that can’t be changed?

·
Registered
MB GLA
281 Posts
Can literally anything be changed with the equipment ordered prior to BMW assigning a build #? I assume you can’t go from an M50 to a e40 or an e40 to an M50, but is there anything else that can’t be changed?
Based on what I have seen on the forum you can change everything, color, package and options.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can make changes up through status 112 Order scheduled for Production, then you are locked in once production has started (or is imminent).

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Although apparently anything can be changed, it’s interesting that the model itself can’t be. I wonder if that’s because BMW needs to anticipate how many of the 40s & 50s they’ll need, but doesn’t mind the other changes until, as Mike said, status 112 is reached.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yup, anything can be changed - up until it enters 150 status, start of production. Granted, if you change an option it could push/pull in your build date due to supply availability.

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Except you can’t change the actual models (e40 to M50 and vice versa) or you start all over.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Except you can’t change the actual models (e40 to M50 and vice versa) or you start all over.
yup, because it's the model, not the options.... when you pre-ordered, you chose the model.... the production slots were allocated based on that. No different than changing from a M340i and then deciding you want to move to an M3... or a 330i ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts