BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wish that the "grill" on the i4 ended as in the concept car pictured on the right below...

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Hood

Basically filled in with the body color but still there. I know a lot of people won't like this and I also know they were trying make this car look like the other i4s so people weren't scared away from it. Personally, I want my car to look futuristic and different and would have been really happy to have the i4 look like this concept car. So, my question is, will it be possible to do something like this with the coming i4 ....maybe not exactly this but I might like to have the "grill" the same color as the body (San Remo Green). It might just look ugly I'm not sure but I definitely like the look of the concept car here over the production car. I do realize there's a bunch of stuff that can't be covered....but how much?

Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
@Ultrachrome , I like it a lot, mine will be the same color and it sounds like we could use a tinted PPF if we can find it of the right color, except it might be tougher to fill in the dimples and I would love you to do other photoshops with 1) the whole shield filled in, not just the top portion, the color separation line looks a bit strange, and 2) a slightly different hue (e.g. a bit lighter) to see the effect in case the color match is not perfect.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Ultrachrome , I like it a lot, mine will be the same color and it sounds like we could use a tinted PPF if we can find it of the right color, except it might be tougher to fill in the dimples and I would love you to do other photoshops with 1) the whole shield filled in, not just the top portion, the color separation line looks a bit strange, and 2) a slightly different hue (e.g. a bit lighter) to see the effect in case the color match is not perfect.
Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille

Here it is half grill and more opaque...IMO...still looks better than the OEM

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah...I was thinking ppf too. perhaps first with a color wrap and then ppf...I'm not sure

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Grille

Sorry...I'm not taking the time to ad reflection but this still will give an idea of what a solid grill in the color of the body might look like. Personally I prefer the color with some of the grill pattern showing

Registered
M50, Sanremo Green, 20" 868M, Sep. 15th
hmm .... to me it looks really weird..... I will definitely keep the grill original black馃憣馃槉

Reactions: Ultrachrome

Registered
I just did a quick Photoshop mock up...

View attachment 3162

...IMO..this looks way way better. I'm going to try to find a way to do this.

I'd love to hear some hate and love on this 馃檪
I think the i4 would look great with an offset number plate. Is there anyone who could mock this up? I like the paint colour on te grill. I gave ordered San Remo but also tempted by Brooklyn Grey with red leather鈥.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think the i4 would look great with an offset number plate. Is there anyone who could mock this up? I like the paint colour on te grill. I gave ordered San Remo but also tempted by Brooklyn Grey with red leather鈥.
My first thought when you said Brooklyn Grey, I thought that was a bit bland but then when you mentioned the red seats i thought...Hmmm - interesting

Where did you want the number plate? Send me a picture of the car from the configurator at this angle with the Euro/UK plate present and I can do one for you in your color. In Canada where I am we don't have front plates so the configurator is plateless. Not promising I'll do a great job but I should be able to get it so you can better imagine it.

Registered
2019 BMW M4cs
how about just blacking out the center portion of the outer trim where they come together in the middle?

Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
Thanks @Ultrachrome and @JST1963 . I like the full cover but with the pattern showing, but will require a lot of patience to cut out the dimples (and the BMW logo). The advantage is that it is well the capabilities of a home hobbyist, and I have 9 months to research the PPF and tint film to buy before I get the car. The beaver nose is great too, I might just do that, but without the eyelashes, and the ICU as well. I actually can see myself changing the grill film every year just to add spice to life - who knew the car comes with a prominent canvas for creative minds?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts