BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how you get the Status Code of your order like 111?
I know I can ask the dealer but are you calling your dealer on a daily basis? ;)

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
952 Posts
In the US, we can call the the dealer, the Genius line, or, if you can access the source code on the MyBMW website, (way easier than it sounds) under MyGarage, the code number can be parsed out. The text of the status code is also displayed, so if you know what the words are for a status code number, you can back-solve for the number.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Thank you.

But how do I get this order into the MyBMW page? I could not see a way to ad the order.
You cannot, until you get to "order received" (111)
You cannot enter any information into MyBMW until you have a production number.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
i4 M Sport ordered
78 Posts
Outside of the US, if you have the 7-digit BMW AG order number, you can contact the BMW Genius chat/help through their website. Just go to your BMW web site (with Ad blockers off) and click the little floating blue circle on the bottom right and select ‘Live Chat’. Once you’re through to a person, ask them for an order update and supply your order number. If they don’t specifically tell you the status code, ask them (that’s what I’ve been doing).
It’s much less hassle than calling them up, and you always speak to a different person, so you’re less likely to annoy them by checking regularly.

·
Registered
Today: 430D Someday: i4 M50 Portimao Blue
31 Posts
Has anyone in Germany gotten this to work? I contacted the Genius as outlined above, and was curtly told 'we don't have that information, contact your dealer!'

·
i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
2,250 Posts
Yes, same here, I just asked in the Chat.
Has anyone in Germany gotten this to work? I contacted the Genius as outlined above, and was curtly told 'we don't have that information, contact your dealer!'
In Europe, we don't have this kind of information through a Genius Phone call...
You will always need to contact your dealer for this kind of info.

·
Registered
i4 M Sport ordered
78 Posts
In Europe, we don't have this kind of information through a Genius Phone call...
You will always need to contact your dealer for this kind of info.
Are you sure? In the UK, I've been able to get order updates by using the online chat... the hard part was convincing the dealer to give me the BMW AG order number, but once I had that, it was easy.

·
2,250 Posts
Hmmm....UK....Europe....I know it's hard, but we in Europe do not have that kind of information or help lines, only the dealer....:(
No, I'm serious, maybe the UK has different rules... you know, you also can order with reimbursable deposits....

·
Registered
i4 M Sport ordered
78 Posts
Hmmm....UK....Europe....I know it's hard, but we in Europe do not have that kind of information or help lines, only the dealer....:(
No, I'm serious, maybe the UK has different rules... you know, you also can order with reimbursable deposits....
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. That sucks, but mostly for the dealers... I imagine they spend most of their days taking calls from customers asking for updates these days!! 😂

·
2,250 Posts
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. That sucks, but mostly for the dealers... I imagine they spend most of their days taking calls from customers asking for updates these days!! 😂
Well, I don't know. I don't think a lot of people harass their dealers daily or weekly asking for the status. It's no use anyway. After every phone call, or email to my dealer, he says at the end: I'll let you know when something changes. So, we just wait...

Reactions: DaveBarth
1 - 12 of 12 Posts