1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have mine on order I 4 m 50
brooklyn grey black m sport seats 20 in wheels
m sport plus pack which includes m seat belts shadow line
also will be getting m sport carbon gear change and depending on how it looks in flesh black surrounds for front grille
in Australia while we complain about high taxes which put prices up <On luxury cars >our cars are fully loaded with every option pre ticked
only one I could have gone for was comfort pack with heated steering wheel which is not needed in our climate
meant to be January build with delivery March /April but when I last spoke to dealer flagged that no vin number yet so may be delayed
current car x 4 m 40 I

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yay another Aussie! Where did you order it from? Got my M50 on order at BMW Sydney. Tentative production week is 2nd week of March with estimated delivery end of August…
I did order in Tanzanite Blue though, so maybe that’s why it’s pushed so far away.
January build would mean delivery in April/May (takes about 4 months to ship it here).
Just emailed my dealer today to ask if she got an update or a confirmed date, we’ll see…
I actually don’t mind the wait too much, gives Australia more time to build up the charging network and maybe we’ll get new policies for EVs after the election…

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hi from the US (Texas). Curious, do you guys actually refer to Australia as "Down under"? I thought it was an expression only used by us in the northern hemisphere (up over? :ROFLMAO:)
Seriously, welcome to the forum, do look up the thread, lots of good information (e.g. Compilation of Data, User Guide warnings, Tires, ordering options, Delivery Statistics, Charging discussions, Home Charger installation etc...), video reviews links for the i4 but also the competition, pictures (i4 pictures, Digital Brochure library) and random funny stuff (Random troughs on random stuff, Secret life of Forum members). Enjoy!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks @MinhSATx ! I’ve been lurking around for months on the forum, I love it, it’s so complete! I also watched and read every review I could find in every language haha, so pretty much aware of what’s in the product 😉
To answer your question, yeah we (I, at least) do refer to Straya as Down under 😃!

You should listen to this 😉

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have been following for a few months
very informative
it is very interesting the different focus people place on traits in car
I look for comfort in ride and seating .
performance and features
i have had my time as a rev head with z 3 m roadster m3 last of the naturally aspirated v 8
looking forward to ballistic acceleration comfort and more a gt style car than a the full m 3/4 or x3/4 m

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in Melbourne ordered through Brighton
quoted January build but from a lot of posts it appears there are delays

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks @MinhSATx ! I’ve been lurking around for months on the forum, I love it, it’s so complete! I also watched and read every review I could find in every language haha, so pretty much aware of what’s in the product 😉
To answer your question, yeah we (I, at least) do refer to Straya as Down under 😃!

well said re the song
I knew if i had the down under reference I would get a fellow Aussie to respond

·
Registered
1,109 Posts

One of my favorite songs. Thanks for bringing back memories.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What is the discount situation for ordered i4? The last BMW I negotiated on was literally a day from our first lockdown in Melb. I’ve bought another car during the pandemic but it was a Tesla so no negotiation required. Is it true that dealers are not discounting cars? Including cars like i4?

·
Registered
MB GLA
319 Posts
What is the discount situation for ordered i4? The last BMW I negotiated on was literally a day from our first lockdown in Melb. I’ve bought another car during the pandemic but it was a Tesla so no negotiation required. Is it true that dealers are not discounting cars? Including cars like i4?
Well you can try but most of us have tried without success, the sales are too good and be lucky to get the MSRP without markup from the dealer!

·
Registered
256 Posts
My suggestion is, if you have more than one dealer available, and neither dealer will discount, then ask them what other perks they have. Pit dealer against dealer based on their facilities, discounts on Merchandise, or discounts on aftermarket items like floor mats, trunk organizers, free car washes, etc. Maybe they can guarantee you different rates on your lease or financing.
The higher the markup to the dealer, the more flexible they will be for ancillary goods and services.
Ideas:
The car is a gift to my wife. Please throw in a gift card for $500 in BMW apparel for her.
1 free hand car wash per month for the two years.
Tire protection insurance
Discounted additional year of warranty after the factory warranty expires

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was able to achieve small discount but less than equivalent I c e
limited numbers high demand not right formula for great deals for buyers

·
Registered
31 Posts
My dealer explained to me that BMW Australia would refuse the order (i.e. refuse to send it to BMW AG) if it was discounted in any way. Not sure if that’s bs or not, but that’s what I’ve been told. I managed to get the 6 y/unlimited km service plan for free (worth $1765) but that’s it. Couldn’t even make them budge on the Dealer delivery at $5k (I know the maritime transportation costs are super high at the moment though, so I’m not too mad about it).
But still, not much discount on such a pricey car…

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe following m benz model of no discounts
they can get away with it while demand is out stripping supply

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Maybe following m benz model of no discounts
they can get away with it while demand is out stripping supply
Unfortunately, that's pretty much rule #1 of pricing for any business: "ask for the highest price enough customers are willing to pay". There is a restaurant in San Antonio that charges only what customers can or are willing to pay, and they seem to do decent business because they survived (so far) the pandemic, but I doubt there will be any car company any time soon following that business model! ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts