BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
In the US at least, they weren't available for not white colors.
I ordered Sunset Orange, and I would prefer them over the black, myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Definitely :cool: With mineral white metallic and aero wheels. Iconic. And completely distinguishable from the petrol/diesel 4 series.

·
896 Posts
It looks nice on a black or white car, not so much on other colors.

Now, if you select these blue design elements on the e40 "basic", you can see them clearly in the front, on the sides, and in the back.
But if you then decide to upgrade with the M Sport Pack, the "Blue Design Element" option remains selected, but they're no longer visible on the sides of the car. Is that correct, or is that a rendering error on the website(s)?

·
Registered
22 Posts
It looks nice on a black or white car, not so much on other colors.

Now, if you select these blue design elements on the e40 "basic", you can see them clearly in the front, on the sides, and in the back.
But if you then decide to upgrade with the M Sport Pack, the "Blue Design Element" option remains selected, but they're no longer visible on the sides of the car. Is that correct, or is that a rendering error on the website(s)?
Believe you are right as per my post above

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had them on Alpine White
But as I switched to Brooklyn Grey I no longer have them in my order

Reactions: Filiiony

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think the blue details look cool and differentiate from the ice versions. I've ordered my black i4 with them and if I get bored or just want a fresh look I can always put some vinil over it.
Exactly my thoughts.
I ordered Alpine white e40 withe the Mspot package. I like the blue accents .I have a friend that wraps cars and after a wile I'm thinking of wrapping the satin grey part in black .(in the configurator for the new Ix you can chose extended shadow pack but with the blue accents as well and I like that )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Exactly my thoughts.
I ordered Alpine white e40 withe the Mspot package. I like the blue accents .I have a friend that wraps cars and after a wile I'm thinking of wrapping the satin grey part in black .(in the configurator for the new Ix you can chose extended shadow pack but with the blue accents as well and I like that )
I've checked with the dealer and the harder part to vinil is the grill and it's a easy paint job so.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've checked with the dealer and the harder part to vinil is the grill and it's a easy paint job so.
Easy to paint but if you want to revers vinyl wrap is the way to go.

Had a 5 series Lci and my friend wrapped the grill black for me.
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Land vehicle Grille

·
896 Posts
But where on earth are the ones on the sides???
It's the only place where I like them...

·
Registered
2004 Infiniti G35 - 83k miles, all me
36 Posts
Not sure what the point of blue accents would be since I ordered a blue main exterior color. ;)
But seriously, every time I tried to add them, it changed the main exterior color to white, and if I changed the main color to blue, it removed them.

·
896 Posts
I think this is the table with the possibilities for the external blue design elements:

Color​
e40 Basic​
e40 M-Sport​
M50​
Black II (Non-Metallic)Front - Back - Sides (*)Color not possibleColor not possible
Alpine White (Non-Metallic)Front - Back - SidesFront - Back - No SidesBlue Design Elements removed (*)
Saphir BlackFront - Back - SidesFront - Back - No SidesBlue Design Elements removed
Mineral WhiteFront - Back - SidesFront - Back - No SidesBlue Design Elements removed
Sunset OrangeBlue Design Elements removedBlue Design Elements removedBlue Design Elements removed
Portimao BlueColor not possibleBlue Design Elements removedBlue Design Elements removed
San Remo GreenBlue Design Elements removedBlue Design Elements removedBlue Design Elements removed
Skyscraper GreyFront - Back - SidesColor not possibleBlue Design Elements removed
Brooklyn GreyColor not possibleBlue Design Elements removedBlue Design Elements removed
Dravit GreyFront - Back - Sides (*)Front - Back - No SidesBlue Design Elements removed
Tansanit BlauBlue Design Elements removed (*)Blue Design Elements removedBlue Design Elements removed
Aventurin RedBlue Design Elements removed (*)Blue Design Elements removedBlue Design Elements removed
Frozen Portimao BlueColor not possibleColor not possibleBlue Design Elements removed
(*) UK: Color not possible

I just wonder why the long blue stripe on the sides is no longer there when you select the M-Sport option on the e40...

·
896 Posts
Not sure what the point of blue accents would be since I ordered a blue main exterior color. ;)
But seriously, every time I tried to add them, it changed the main exterior color to white, and if I changed the main color to blue, it removed them.
Apparently, the Blue Design Elements are only possible on a few selected exterior colors. Have a look at the table above. I think (if I'm correct) it should explain why it always changes back to white when you select them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts