BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the 19" 855 rims as seen here below:
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Car

Unfortunately, you can't order them on a M50. So I ordered the 18" 858M
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Now, look closer...don't they almost look the same?
Can't you see it?
Let me help you a bit:
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

These are the 18" 858M rims with the"big open triangles" filled with the same covers as on the 19" 855 rims....

I wonder if there's no possibility to buy such covers and stick'em onto the 18" wheels. Maybe someone can create them on a 3D-printer...

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Cloud

Reactions: EyeFour

Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: They wouldn't fit in the first place...19" to 18"...

Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to fill those open triangles with something similar...

Registered
Gee, I kind of like the look of those M calipers, especially with the red calipers that I ordered (Brooklyn grey with red vernasca). Putting covers on alloy wheels just feels too much like hub caps to me - no disrespect intended. Even with regeneration, I like to keep the brakes cool. Maybe there's a range incentive...?

Registered
I ordered the 855 wheels and planning to remove the aero covers. Maybe we can just swap wheels you and I 馃槀
I'm getting a car that original owner cancelled but it was already built and it has these Style 855 Aero Wheels, 19" Bi-Color Gunmetal Grey. I don't think I would have selected these wheels by choice, and now I understand those are some type of triangular caps or covers. Are they well secured? Can just see them flying off as a take a corner! I assume purely for aerodynamics effects. I was hoping the brakes would be Blue as I had ordered for my car, but it appears they are just metal color, probably best with San Remo Green exterior.

I cant say they look bad in this configuration.

Thoughts???

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drooling....

Those metal covers are fixed with screws on the backside of thew wheel. And blue or red calipers are not available as standard on the e40 Basic, they are on the M-Sport or the M50, but looking at the front of the car (from the side) this is an edrive40 Basic.

Registered
Drooling....

Those metal covers are fixed with screws on the backside of thew wheel. And blue or red calipers are not available as standard on the e40 Basic, they are on the M-Sport or the M50, but looking at the front of the car (from the side) this is an edrive40 Basic.
OK, so here is the Full Monty! I see the 3FG 19" Bi Color Gunmetal Grey wheels style 855 wit...... I assume all season or performance non-rfts???? I hate RFTs!!

Are these staggered wheels?

Any thoughts on the ZDY Driving Assistance Professional Package? I assume this allows some amount of "Autonomous" driving. Have to research this further. Probably for another thread.

Font Paper Parallel Paper product Document

Registered
2016 435i convertible
Flyingman,
We may be able to work something out.
For some reason, when I order the M sport package, your rims are not available....and I'd prefer them.
So my rims are
  • 19" M Aero wheels 860M
Your vehicle is going to the Pines branch of BMW of Ft Lauderdale, while mine will go to the Ft. Lauderdale branch of the same company (Holman BMW)
I ordered performance, not all season, and not RFTs.
If you are interested we can get our cars together and see if we want to trade wheels and/or tires. I'd prefer the performance to the all-season.
My car is at the stage "Dispatched from the factory". So I'm hoping to get it late July/Early August.

Dan

Registered
Flyingman,
We may be able to work something out.
For some reason, when I order the M sport package, your rims are not available....and I'd prefer them.
So my rims are
  • 19" M Aero wheels 860M
Your vehicle is going to the Pines branch of BMW of Ft Lauderdale, while mine will go to the Ft. Lauderdale branch of the same company (Holman BMW)
I ordered performance, not all season, and not RFTs.
If you are interested we can get our cars together and see if we want to trade wheels and/or tires. I'd prefer the performance to the all-season.
My car is at the stage "Dispatched from the factory". So I'm hoping to get it late July/Early August.

Dan
Dan, for sure worth considering. I need to do a comparative :rolleyes: look and consult with the boss (my wife)!

I assume these are both staggered wheels.

I definitely do not want Run Flats. I usually run Summer Performance Tires here in South Florida. I dont know which tires I get yet.

I'll PM you with my contact details.

Thanks for reaching out!

Registered
Folks, opinions on looks? 855 (Upper) vs 860M (Lower)? Try to ignore the M Sport trims.

I find the 855 matches nicely with the aluminum window trim. But are a bit more "spaceship" to me.

Dam, who cares? All I know is I have an i4 coming in a few weeks more! :p

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
Folks, opinions on looks? 855 (Upper) vs 860M (Lower)? Try to ignore the M Sport trims.

I find the 855 matches nicely with the aluminum window trim. But are a bit more "spaceship" to me.

View attachment 11272

View attachment 11273
I'm an open wheel guy myself, so the bottom 860 photo is my pick.

Registered
I tried to search if anyone had successfully removed the aero covers on the 855 wheels and how they would look without. Have you seen any pictures?

Registered
I tried to search if anyone had successfully removed the aero covers on the 855 wheels and how they would look without. Have you seen any pictures?
Aboude, someone did post some photos showing the screws and what the wheel looks like without the covers. It doesn't look good. I don't recall where I saw that now but it was in here somewhere.

Reactions: aboudeDrive40

Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In this thread @Filiiony showed us the 18" 858M rims with one of the plastic covers removed. it leaves 2 screw holes. There are other rims that also have plastic part (860M, ...) and I ussume the 855 rims with those covers are fixed the same way..

Registered

View attachment 11272

View attachment 11273
Folks, are the 855 in 19" Staggered? It appears they are 8.5" wide front and 9" wide rear. Is this correct?

Automotive tire Wheel Hubcap Font Tread

1 - 19 of 19 Posts