BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say to everyone have a safe holiday if you celebrate today. About 15 minutes ago as I entered our neighborhood there was a road block with about 5 or so police cars. CA is a front plate state so my heart immediately went to my throat. Not going to bore you with the 10 min details that occurred, however they all raved about Isabella. Walked all around the car and never once mentioned no front plate. BTW I was not stopped but I did pull over as I was holding up some traffic and I was playing cool. WHEW!馃槑

Registered
M50, Frozen PB, Tecora Red, DAPP, PAP, Carbon trim, Carbon exterior, 19 in Performance wheels
First let me say to everyone have a safe holiday if you celebrate today. About 15 minutes ago as I entered our neighborhood there was a road block with about 5 or so police cars. CA is a front plate state so my heart immediately went to my throat. Not going to bore you with the 10 min details that occurred, however they all raved about Isabella. Walked all around the car and never once mentioned no front plate. BTW I was not stopped but I did pull over as I was holding up some traffic and I was playing cool. WHEW!馃槑
I鈥檓 never putting in front plate on, ever

Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
Whew..........but if they had started talking about needing a front plate I would have told them that the big grille has sensors all over it and you CAN'T put a front plate over it. Partially true.....but not totally. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Whew..........but if they had started talking about needing a front plate I would have told them that the big grille has sensors all over it and you CAN'T put a front plate over it. Partially true.....but not totally. ;)
I was prepared to say that I'd just received the plates which I received a week ago and I was trying to get an appointment with BMW to install the front plate but due to the holidays and covid,I could not get in until next week. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
eDrive40 M Sport, 19", Tanzanite Blue II Metallic, Tech+, Comfort +, Visibility pack, Vernasca
Same in Sweden, and I think the whole Europe. I don鈥檛 get this "oh no, don't want to have front plate on my car" thing. Why not...?
Yep, and the i4 driver's manual, the camera in the front grille, the radar, and ultrasonic sensors are all out of the way, compared to where a front plate sits. As long as the camera, and sensors on the front function with the plate there I'm fine with it. In fact I'm fine with it regardless, as it's the law lol

Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
Yep, and the i4 driver's manual, the camera in the front grille, the radar, and ultrasonic sensors are all out of the way, compared to where a front plate sits. As long as the camera, and sensors on the front function with the plate there I'm fine with it. In fact I'm fine with it regardless, as it's the law lol
Some think that the Euro plates look much better on the i4 grille than the smaller US plates.

Registered
It's not true at all. The car is designed and manufactured in Germany and in Germany the front plate is compulsory like in most other countries, or at least in Europe, so the car is designed with that in mind. I am pretty sure every policeman knows that as well... :) even if they don't care.

Registered
Actually, I like that there are front plates on cars here, end especially the i4 looks good with it. The Swedish plates are black letters & numbers on white background so it looks good also.

Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
It's not true at all. The car is designed and manufactured in Germany and in Germany the front plate is compulsory like in most other countries, or at least in Europe, so the car is designed with that in mind. I am pretty sure every policeman knows that as well... :) even if they don't care.
@A_Camera LOL.....I know this! I'm just coming up with a story in case I get pulled over, LOL. Hopefully the police won't know the truth about this cars sensors. :ROFLMAO: Luckily my state doesn't require the front plates.................YET.......

Reactions: A_Camera

Registered
2022 i4eDrive 40,19"860M,MSport,Sapphire Black,Vern Oyster, DAPP,PAP,Comf Acc, HK, Innovation
it is correct, it applies all over europe. Without a front plate you will be stoppe immediately鈥︹

Registered
Euro plates actually look pretty ok on the front. North American plates? ...not so much.

I'm still in the pretending my plates haven鈥檛 arrived yet club, but when that's no longer feasible, I'm putting it on the tow eye.

Registered
2022 i4eDrive 40,19"860M,MSport,Sapphire Black,Vern Oyster, DAPP,PAP,Comf Acc, HK, Innovation
In Europe the rear plate is the official one, that you get from the DIV. Th front plate can be manufactured by anyone
That鈥檚 maybe in Belgium. We receive front and rear and are compelled to put them one. If not on, we are stoped and the car can be confiscated...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts