BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

· Registered
981 Posts
I just plan to take the i4 and edrive40 logos off the back. I don't think there would be holes. I am going to leave the roundels. I am going to see if they can black the silver part of the little i on the grill but leave the i showing.
There won't be holes...those are on with adhesive. If you're doing it yourself though, watch a couple YT videos about it. I've seen some real hack jobs with DIY debadging.

· Registered
981 Posts
I was toying with the idea of getting an extra grille and painting it body color. That is, if I can get the grille and if it's easy to install. I have a body shop nearby that's really good that I could have do the paint.

BTW, my PPF installer said they did some i4 grilles and really didn't like how it came out.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
BTW, my PPF installer said they did some i4 grilles and really didn't like how it came out.
I can always take it off if I don't like how it turns out. I suspect it partly depends on whether the PPF manufacturer has a template for it or if the installer is cutting it manually (which would be really tricky). As long as the template matches up, I can't see why it shouldn't be as invisible as the rest of the PPF.

· Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,523 Posts
Hmm... I was curious, so I put that into Google translate from Installer --> English and it came back with:
It was a pain in the @$$ and we really hope you don't insist on it.

· Registered
981 Posts
Hmm... I was curious, so I put that into Google translate from Installer --> English and it came back with:
Haha I may insist on it either way. It's kind of a big part of the front of the car.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Haha I may insist on it either way. It's kind of a big part of the front of the car.
It's also non-selfhealing plastic so it's going to get pretty scratched up.

Reactions: LionXV

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Reactions: rollermonkey

· Registered
2022 G26 i4 M50
79 Posts

· Premium Member
2023 M50 Brooklyn Gray, Black Vernasca,Grey-Brown Trim,Shadowline19" Premium Package, Harman-Kardon
59 Posts
I love the i4 / 4 series grille. I think it’s brawny, makes a statement and the more time passes the better it looks!

Did i mention that i love the grille?
I'm w SvK on this! I liked the grill from the 1st day that I saw it. I don't have my i4 yet but a 4 Series Gran Coupe in Brooklyn Grey (our color) parked next to us in a parking lot. We came outta the store and saw the 4 Series - wow! I walked all around the car and focused on the grill. The grill kinda makes it look unique AND classy IMHO.

Thanking my wife for letting me buy an i4 AND for choosing Brooklyn Grey!

· Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,813 Posts
I do too! When they first released this grill style, I wasn’t a fan. The more I see it, the more I like it. When I was agonizing about the wait for this thing, I started looking at other BMWs. The M340i was on my short list but it felt old looking bc of the old grill.
💯

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

• Love
Reactions: tochan and LionXV

· Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
2,479 Posts
I'm w SvK on this! I liked the grill from the 1st day that I saw it. I don't have my i4 yet but a 4 Series Gran Coupe in Brooklyn Grey (our color) parked next to us in a parking lot. We came outta the store and saw the 4 Series - wow! I walked all around the car and focused on the grill. The grill kinda makes it look unique AND classy IMHO.

Thanking my wife for letting me buy an i4 AND for choosing Brooklyn Grey!
In 2021 the 430i, 440i came out with that grille, and in my neighborhood there appeared two identical black 430is. During my walks I looked forward to seeing one or both of them while waiting for my i4.

· Registered
Webs my eDrive40 on 18s covered in Tanzanite stuffed with Tacora Red SensaTec
49 Posts
I am loving the grill a little less. Lol. My ppf installer said they are unable to wrap the grill. They found a place who will paint it. I'll probably go that route.

· Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,813 Posts
I am loving the grill a little less. Lol. My ppf installer said they are unable to wrap the grill. They found a place who will paint it. I'll probably go that route.
Xpel can wrap the grille; they have a template for it, and mine was wrapped.

Reactions: Magicrat

· Registered
97 Posts

Better shipping prices on the Tomika model. It still is a very low-quality model though. But at least the models are starting to appear - it shouldn't be long before somebody makes something a bit better for me to put on my desk.

· Registered
2022 G26 i4 M50
79 Posts
it shouldn't be long before somebody makes something a bit better for me to put on my desk.
How about this one?

· Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,523 Posts

Better shipping prices on the Tomika model. It still is a very low-quality model though. But at least the models are starting to appear - it shouldn't be long before somebody makes something a bit better for me to put on my desk.
The original prices for those are both under $0.50 (USD)
Seems like that seller has done what I'm trying to set up: a group buy, so we can split the international shipping.

· Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
2,479 Posts
Yes please post pics ! I will definitely get one unless it looks as bad as the "Tomika" rendition....
I have gotten the replica and it looks nice.

It is about 14" long. I will try driving it once I get the 7 AA batteries it requires.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 71 Posts