BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, so im still waiting my i4 40 which is fully loaded driving assistant professional, 360 cameras included. Well at least on paper included.
Production had to proceed week 22, but it was removed without plan. dealer assures me vehicle will be finished till september. Also says that all packages will be included.
At the same time i understand he doesnt know whats gonna happen, its not for him to decide.

We have kinda different market here in lithuania, since only a few dozens is ordered in our country, market is small so bmw every month announce for dealer how many cars and which exactly will be produced this month.

I heard many times 2023 models will be produced without dap and 360 cameras, but almost everyone commenting from usa so far what noticed.
All i saw in europe that in configurator for i4 40 not possible anymore to include dap and 360 cameras

Anyone from europe heard from their dealers about 2023 models without dap and 360 cameras ?

From which production month counts 2023 car ?

Understand that bmw is unpredictible these days but shouldnt dealer be informed that these cars in line can come only without these features ?
Thanks fo replies

·
Registered
223 Posts
MY2023 should start production in July. Your dealer should get confirmation from BMW with the list of special equipment in your car. That’s the only way to know if your i4 will include 3D cameras and DAP.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
103 Posts
Last week I texted my dealer (in The Netherlands) to ask how things were going with my order. He replied that he had just received information from BMW about the model year 2023 changes and was figuring out what it meant for their outstanding orders.

For my i4 M50 order it meant I could no longer get the factory 20" 868 M rims and had to get a pack to get M Shadowline headlights. He also mentioned that DAP and PAP were no longer available for the eDrive40. I did not ask whether that was only for The Netherlands or a global thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it mean if you placed order with shadowline headlights, you cant get it anymore unless you select m shadowline package ?
since contract was signed long time ago and production had to be made for running 2022 model, as they postponing order it becomes 2023 model and now i have to dismantle car in order to get it ?

booked m stiching belts, and they will remove it if i wont pick m shadowline package ? How its related with shortage ? Its MY2023 changes but why this effect order which had to produced 2022

From my salesman talks i understood that dealers through internal system placing orders for bmw, and as my salesman said bmw cant change your order without approval from us, and we will ask you for confirmation. It means in bmw work list theres i40 40 assiged with dap and cameras which probably will never see day light
anyway from bmw perspective when time arrives they just gonna say we can assemble car without dap, 360 cameras and m belts unless you pick whole package, do youwant it or not

thoughts

·
Registered
2014 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
103 Posts
The M Shadowline Headlights had actually dropped of my updated order and I only found out when I double checked the updated order. I could indeed only get them back by choosing the M Sportpack Pro that also include the 19" 859 M rims, the red brake callipers and the M stitching belts.

The salesman said it had something to do with BMW wanting to make the options simpler so that they would have less different wiring harnesses (which used to come from Ukraine). Tbh, I don't see what wiring harnesses have to do with visual options like those in the M Sportpack Pro. And I agree that is not right to suddenly have to choose a more expensive pack when you have a contract that includes just the options you want.

But I was was already switching to the 19" rims (because the 20" rims are not available anymore, something I can understand) and like the red callipers and M stitching seat belts, so I just added the pack. I guess I should be more annoyed or frustrated, but I can't be bothered. There is enough going on to make this feel less important. The new configuration looks great and I look forward to driving my new car when it arrives (hopefully in August). 😃

Getting back to your last paragraph; every time something I wanted to change something or now that BMW wanted to change something, the salesman from my dealership sent me the new configuration to confirm. That is not the same as sticking to the original order, but it does allow me some control. I'm not sure if I could cancel the order if I don't agree with the changes (IMO consumer law would dictate I can), but I don't want to anyway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
FWIW, I was told informally via text from my CA that DAPP may be deleted from 2023 models. He heard this from his contact at BMW NA, whose offices are actually not far from me. If anyone wants me to drop by and ask I can bring your letter to them. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
952 Posts
You just joined a conversation that's been ongoing for more than 2 weeks now. Welcome!
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone!

I would like to jump in the discussion:
Like Prunelles, I ordered an e40 fully loaded. (I am from Bulgaria, order was made end of January 2022 and entirely pre-paid.)
So encouraged by this topic, I called the dealer today, he replied that he was about to send me a mail informing me that changes will be needed in my configuration (I am still awaiting it, but he assured me that he will do it today. In short during the call he told me that:
DAP -> would be changed to DA + ACC (which means that lane assistant will be removed by the change)
No 360
A third option will be changed but he doesn’t remember by heart which one.

My car was expected to be received October 2022, he told me that most probably the car will be built July for a delivery in August.

I will keep you in touch once I receive more information, but I am very disappointed… I read very carefully my contract. So as per my contract, the only thing that BMW can change for a fully paid car is to delay with 3 months (maximum) the delivery due to unforeseen situations but not to change the configuration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quick update after a 50-minutes call with the dealer:

• No third option removed; it is the opposite - the lumbar support for the passenger side came back in the option list…
  • No 360 cameras – for me this is the biggest issue. In my criteria for choosing the car was head-up, 360 and comfort ride. I don’t need a M50 with stiffer suspension and additional weight.
  • DAP is not available, instead it is replaced by DA + ACC. He was not totally sure what is different when replaced by this combination, he was guessing that with this setup the car will not be able to keep in lane when ACC activated but he was not sure… (He told be that losing 360 will delete the option of the 50m self-reverse back but it seems that it is not true.) So, if someone knows, I will be thankful to understand the differences between DAP vs DA + ACC.

I feel a little bit upset – the dealer sounded so powerless… I told him that if these options were removed for both versions of the i4, I would understand the situation. But both models are built on the same factory lane, there is no technical limitation to implement these cameras. If someone took this decision for the 40, then he/she must take some responsibilities. It would be unfair if we are not compensated somehow.

So in summary – He asked me to write all my “complains” via mail, he will address them to BMW Bulgaria. He told to me to not expect miracles, but he will do his best…

·
Registered
21 Posts
DA + ACC will give you all basic safety aids and cruise control with distance control.
DAP will give you everything above plus steering and lane control assistant (ie Level 2 self driving).

·
Registered
4 Posts
In the DA, it is mentioned about the lane assistant but I am just trying to understand the following:
In case that (involuntary) I am crossing the lane, I will be just alerted, but steering wheel correction will not be performed by the car? If it is the case, then I will lose an important safety feature which disappoint me a lot…

·
Registered
21 Posts
My dealer is still awaiting confirmation on certain elements.
She will call me upon receipt.

It’s sound bad… I don’t see me driving a 80k€ car in 2022 without DAP or 360 cameras.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My dealer is still awaiting confirmation on certain elements.
She will call me upon receipt.

It’s sound bad… I don’t see me driving a 80k€ car in 2022 without DAP or 360 cameras.
Me either.. theres always option to suspend your purchase untill options are available again, but no one know when it will change might be couple months, might be years

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dig into the web.
It could depend of your country’s laws.
In France, it’s not legal to deliver a car that does not comply with the order form.
In this case there are 3 solutions :
  • accept the car with financial compensation.
  • refuse the car and ask for a new compliant one.
  • break the sales agreement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
I've ordered my edrive 40 in December 21 with guessed delivery date November 22.
No 360 view and no Level2 would be a no go for me. Especially the 360 for the parking was convincing my wife to order the I4.

So far I have not heard anything from my dealer about changes in the order.

Have anybody got the offer to upgrade to the M50, as the two options can still be ordered with the M50.

I would rather spend the 3k extra than missing 360 and Level2 driving.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts