BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
On today's episode - Thanks to the information from the forum, I explained that he (the dealer) was supposed to be aware from May 2022 for the upcoming restrictions but he didn't inform me on time.

I told him that the only acceptable option for me is to have a car with these options but since I doubt that he will compensate me with a M50 (there is a 8-10k euros difference here), then I am fine to wait. I sent him the brochure from Netherlands for November 2022 which is listing that both options are available for the 40. Also someone from Sweden said that the restrictions are applicable for the period July-November 2022.

He replied that he agrees with my decision to wait instead of receiving a car without these 2 options.
He also shared with me that as per BMW Bulgaria, DAP is returning November 2022, 360 assistant - January 2023.

(As per my contract the ultimate delivery date is Jan 2023, so I told him that I am fine to receive the car in spring 2023.)

·
Registered
BMW i4 eDrive 40 Sport
9 Posts
On today's episode - Thanks to the information from the forum, I explained that he (the dealer) was supposed to be aware from May 2022 for the upcoming restrictions but he didn't inform me on time.

I told him that the only acceptable option for me is to have a car with these options but since I doubt that he will compensate me with a M50 (there is a 8-10k euros difference here), then I am fine to wait. I sent him the brochure from Netherlands for November 2022 which is listing that both options are available for the 40. Also someone from Sweden said that the restrictions are applicable for the period July-November 2022.

He replied that he agrees with my decision to wait instead of receiving a car without these 2 options.
He also shared with me that as per BMW Bulgaria, DAP is returning November 2022, 360 assistant - January 2023.

(As per my contract the ultimate delivery date is Jan 2023, so I told him that I am fine to receive the car in spring 2023.)
I guess this is some positive news! Hope its the same for all of europe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
restrictions might proceed with an easy hand.
If they allow themself to cut stuff from cars which are confirmed by dealer more than a year ago its nothing to proceed with bans on extra equipment.
it should be market depended, how well they gonna manage through shortage issues, war in Ukraine.
this stuff may never appear again in i4 40, it might be back in couple months, a year.
dealers doesnt know a lot, they are not informed by manufactory. Manufactory also doesnt know whats gonna be in next months, unpredictible. Dealers might create stories to procrastinate and hope for the best in future

·
Registered
19 Posts
My dealer has confirmed to me that the e40s that will go into production will not be equipped with DAP and/or PAP.
She had not been made aware of the situation by BMW France.

Unfortunately for me she can't put my order on hold.
Either I accept the car with a small financial compensation.
Or I break the current order and wait until November 2022 at best to recommend and re-queue.

In the face of my displeasure, she offers me to opt for an M50 with an "effort" on their part.
I await his proposal.

I’m not really sure what I will do at this point….

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M-Sport - Aventurin Red - 859M
105 Posts
Well you could theoretically reorder now already and then add the packages in November / Januar when or if they're available. Worst case you'll have to bail out of the second contract again or resell the car once you get it, if there's still not DAP or PAP. Depends on whether you will be able to wait until end of 2023 to get it.

Or you can insist on your order and prompt your dealer to deliver as ordered. Not sure where that's gonna get you though!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've just checked the configurator again.
At least the standard parking assistant MY23 has improved over the MY22.
Now the description is saying it can park automatically, which the MY22 could not. Hardware wise I think MY23 will only miss the cameras in the mirrors and only if you ordered PA+

For the DAP I wonder if there is any additional hardware for MY23 at all.
There is some kind of vibration and active steering if you unintentionally leave a lane in the non professional DA. So the motor for the steering seems to be present

Maybe they plan to deliver Level2 driving as an additional online store option!?

We will probably only know once the first MY23 arrive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Cameras in mirrors and front. No 360 surround view, driving recorder which costs extra, remote cameras view. Older parking assistant also had driveway back function. its not improved
Of course not because they are lacking of hardware features.. There is no point to cut out from production and not taking extra money if its only software issue

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agree, it's 100% marketing decision and no technical reason.
I did not know that the front camera is gone as well. Retrofitting DAP will not be an option though.

Is there a shortage of the camera sensors? They seem to be similar to the cameras used in billions of phones. I cannot imagine there is such a big shortage.

Probably you are right and it's 100% a marketing decision!

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
213 Posts
My dealer has confirmed to me that the e40s that will go into production will not be equipped with DAP and/or PAP.
She had not been made aware of the situation by BMW France.

Unfortunately for me she can't put my order on hold.
Either I accept the car with a small financial compensation.
Or I break the current order and wait until November 2022 at best to recommend and re-queue.

In the face of my displeasure, she offers me to opt for an M50 with an "effort" on their part.
I await his proposal.

I’m not really sure what I will do at this point….
I had the same problem. No option to put the order on hold, and I can swap to an M50 if I like but then I’ll have to go to the back of the queue and we may be looking at delivery in December 2023. 🙄

BMW have managed this situation appallingly. They should have removed the options if they wanted to but honoured existing orders.

Reactions: Nikola and Weave76

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a short call with my dealer today.
There are 4 other e40 buyers in the same situation at my dealership.
Even iX buyers are affected by the DAP and PAP removal !!!

The good news is that I can keep my production slot if I upgrade to an M50.
The factory told her that they could modify "the engine" 🤣 on my order.
So a delivery in October or November 2022 is still possible !!!

The bad news is that the M50 still remains 7 to 9k€ more expensive than the e40.
I am waiting for a commercial gesture from BMW France to make my decision.
I will probably remove the sunroof or other unimportant things from my order to help with the different.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts