BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Did anyone see if the Heat Pump is standard or an option in the US? I wasn't able to find any info on it at all.
In June 2021 BMW USA News - The New 2022 BMW i4 eDrive40 and i4 M50 BMW said that the i4 has THREE (!) heat pumps to maintain the temperature in the motors, the batteries and the passenger compartment. I suppose this is not considered "standard equipment" because it is part of the base technology.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In June 2021 BMW USA News - The New 2022 BMW i4 eDrive40 and i4 M50 BMW said that the i4 has THREE (!) heat pumps to maintain the temperature in the motors, the batteries and the passenger compartment. I suppose this is not considered "standard equipment" because it is part of the base technology.
Thanks.

I recall seeing info on the heat pump and 3-zone climate control but the list of standard features isn't that detailed.

In the i4 40 price range most other EVs have heat pump as an option, part of an upgrade or not available at all. I think only Tesla has heat pumps standard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's my combo...........what I am thinking right now anyway 😁

i4 M50
  • San Remo Green Metallic
  • Cognac Sensatec
  • Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
  • Premium Package
  • Driving Assistance Professional Package
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • 861M 19" Wheels (Default)

Maybe:
  • HUD
  • Cognac Vernasca Leather
  • Drive Recorder
  • Wireless Device Charging
  • Personal eSIM 5G
  • Harman Kardon Surround Sound System

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got the email earlier. Still 50/50 on whether I'll keep the preorder (b/c communication &
timeline mostly).
  • Build Link
  • Other thoughts
    • Brooklyn Gray (although heard that there were "120 colors" (LOL)
    • Annoying that I got the email inviting me to build but I still had to send the build to my local dealer (should be a connected portal)
    • Pre-ordered June 3rd (lets see when they estimate)
    • Carbon package is real expensive for a few cosmetic pieces (should have included the carbon interior w/ option to delete)
    • Performance package includes "and an additional engine oil cooler"....interesting...

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's my combo...........what I am thinking right now anyway 😁

i4 M50
  • San Remo Green Metallic
  • Cognac Sensatec
  • Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
  • Premium Package
  • Driving Assistance Professional Package
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • 861M 19" Wheels (Default)

Maybe:
  • HUD
  • Cognac Vernasca Leather
  • Drive Recorder
  • Wireless Device Charging
  • Personal eSIM 5G
  • Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
San Remo looks awesome and that's what I would get as well. Curious what the resale market would look like in a few years when some of these come in off-lease.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm trying to add the ventilated seats to the e40, but it only has one option for the Mocha leather. For M50, I see black is available. Anyone else having the same issue?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm trying to add the ventilated seats to the e40, but it only has one option for the Mocha leather. For M50, I see black is available. Anyone else having the same issue?
For some reason ventilated seats are only configurable with Mocha and Black leather. If you want Cognac seats you have to deal with a sweaty ass apparently

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went i4 M50, extended Shadowline, Dravit Grey, Mocha leather and Midnight Grey Aero wheels. Anyone else getting weird payment calculations when estimating payments? It's telling me that leasing will be $725 more per month than financing. If that's the case I guess that's the way I'll go.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
124 Posts
For some reason ventilated seats are only configurable with Mocha and Black leather. If you want Cognac seats you have to deal with a sweaty ass apparently
And the pricing guide noted that limitation as well. Only Black or Mocha unfortunately. I don’t like either of those.

·
Registered
33 Posts
  • Annoying that I got the email inviting me to build but I still had to send the build to m
Interesting. My dealer reached out yesterday to tell me the configurator was available. I responded that, yes, I know, and I'd built the configuration I wanted and needed to know the next steps. He was able to grab my configuration online and submit the order today, no problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Settled on the M50 Shadowline in Portimao Blue Metallic. I really wanted the Frozen Portimao Blue couldn't justify the additional $3,300. I decided I'll spend that money on an Xpel Stealth Wrap and hopefully get 90% of the same effect. I also went with the 19" bicolor black double spoke wheels, cognac Sensatec seats, carbon fiber trim, driver assistance professional package, premium package, parking assistance package, and added the wireless charging and drive recorder to wrap things up. Sounds like a Q3 delivery at confirmed MSRP pricing.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
135 Posts
I went i4 M50, extended Shadowline, Dravit Grey, Mocha leather and Midnight Grey Aero wheels. Anyone else getting weird payment calculations when estimating payments? It's telling me that leasing will be $725 more per month than financing. If that's the case I guess that's the way I'll go.
View attachment 2716
Nope, I saw the leasing terms to.
It looks like leasing amortizes the car over the lease term.

The answer is clearly right now, they want you to buy and not lease.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Settled on the M50 Shadowline in Portimao Blue Metallic. I really wanted the Frozen Portimao Blue couldn't justify the additional $3,300. I decided I'll spend that money on an Xpel Stealth Wrap and hopefully get 90% of the same effect.
My plan is also to go with Xpel Stealth. Either with Portimao or Tanzanite Blue.. I hope that it will get that genuine frozen look.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The US configurator changed this morning. The 20” wheels were previously available on the initial wheels selection page, but now it’s only available when you select the high performance tire package. That makes more sense, and it was confusing before. Yet, it shows they are still working out the kinks in it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts