BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to see the i4 in Ottawa. The salesman told me there’s an 18 months wait in Canada.

i brought my full frame camera but I wantedto travel light, so only a wide angle lens, only to discover the lens aperture control is broken :( … Iphone it is!
Some pictures…

Plant Vehicle Car Steering part Motor vehicle

Automotive design Grey Personal luxury car Material property Carbon

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive air manifold Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beginning of August I think…. At least, it gives me plenty of time to save. The salesman said I’m high in their list.

I was hesitant with the 8k essentials package, but after trying those electric seats, I’m sold :) Thelong wait will make it easier to accept paying for extras.

He told me that in order to usethe bmw app to unlock the doors, it needs to synch with the wireless charger… not sure if it’s true?

The salesman also told me the regular lights are bright enough and I didn’t need laser light as they are too bright.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's great to (NOT) hear!
Is the cognac interior so yellow-ish like your second photo?
I won’t have access to a good photo editing tool for a week to adjust the white balance, I can try on the iphone photo app I suppose. Just look at the black and you can tell if it’s off.

it looks slightly warm to my eye

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
Beginning of August I think…. At least, it gives me plenty of time to save. The salesman said I’m high in their list.

I was hesitant with the 8k essentials package, but after trying those electric seats, I’m sold :) Thelong wait will make it easier to accept paying for extras.

He told me that in order to use the bmw app to unlock the doors, it needs to synch with the wireless charger… not sure if it’s true?

The salesman also told me the regular lights are bright enough and I didn’t need laser light as they are too bright.
@ShutterHappy , excellent choice, I think the Canadian "essentials" package includes our Premium package, Parking Assistant, Harmon Kardon, and may be the Driver Assistance Pro, which total about the same here down South of you. Y

Your salesperson is almost right. BMW requires that you download the BMW App, set up your account, sign on, connect with your car with both key fobs in the car, then put the phone in the Wireless charger compartment (I don't think you actually need the wireless charger option, but if you have it it will also charge) and wait until the car communicates with the phone and handshakes to create the Digital Key in the phone, Watch

The comment about the laserlights is also a distortion of reality. It is true that in the US, the Laserlights have to be turned off when there is an oncoming car not to blind the other driver, notwithstanding that in Europe, BMW offers a feature that splits them to the side, around oncoming cars, but that feature is forbidden in the US because the law was written for a single headlight bulb; plus it can't be turned on until you drive at 40mph (60km/h approx). Until then, the headlights are the LED headlights that are still very bright and come with the Laserlight option anyway. But when they turn on, the Laserlights illuminate about twice the distance of standard headlights (600 yards or 540 m) so at night, especially on Canadian highways outside of Toronto, and pretty much anywhere in Texas, they are extremely useful to detect deer or other road-crossing critters. I got 2 cars totalled by deers (including my last BMW) so I'm buying for sure. See the comparison here:
(Audi's though, not BMW's)

The notion that "you don't need the laser lights because they are too bright" is also a distortion of reality. The laserlights are required by US law to be turned off when there is an oncoming car not to blind the other driver, and can't turn on until you drive at 40mph (60 km/h approx). When they are off you are running on the LED headlights which come automatically when you buy the Laser lights. But when there is oncoming car, and at 40mph plus, the laserlights illuminate about double the distance of normal headlights

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
600 Posts

He told me that in order to usethe bmw app to unlock the doors, it needs to synch with the wireless charger… not sure if it’s true?

The Premium Essential Package is a must in my opinion for us Canadians. The base model is missing basic stuff like front heated seats.

Wondering how many more orders the car touring the dealers has added. I reserved right after I saw the car in early November so I know I have a long wait but I hope BMW is gonna be transparent about wait times in the coming months once the first deliveries happen.

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
You guys are lucky, we never got to see an actual car here in San Antonio. I saw on the US thread that BMW froze ordering yesterday to re-evaluate the options structure, no idea whether this is good or bad, but they DID start delivering in Germany.

·
Registered
104 Posts
@ShutterHappy would you agree that the cognac colour makes the inside more spacious? I have ordered cognac myself as I was a bit overwhelmed when I sat in a whole black G22

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
600 Posts
That's how it's supposed to look, it's the radiator, CCU, heat pump, heat exchangers and pumps, it really is a mess of a design compared to Tesla.
Under the plastic covers a Tesla is basically the same mess.
The i4 has a nice cover that's easy to remove but since there is a space for at least small frunk that's a shame that we do not get one.

A Model S and 3 for comparison.
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Under the plastic covers a Tesla is basically the same mess.
The i4 has a nice cover that's easy to remove but since there is a space for at least small frunk that's a shame that we do not get one.

A Model S and 3 for comparison.
View attachment 3222
View attachment 3221
It’s as if, with ICEcar, they need to squeeze every single square millimeters. With electric? Lot’s of room to spare.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
600 Posts
It’s as if, with ICEcar, they need to squeeze every single square millimeters. With electric? Lot’s of room to spare.
Well the issue is mostly they want to keep sharing as many parts as possible when using an existing ICE platform to keep costs down.
One example is the charging port, is in a weird angle in my opinion and you can still see the hole to attach the gas cap to the door.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.