BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
i4 M Sport ordered
55 Posts
That's genuinely impressive to see. Can't wait to get mine. I'm guessing if you set the A/C to a less arctic temperature you'd get a little more efficiency as well.

·
Registered
BMW i4 eDrive 40 Sport
6 Posts
It is the sport, the M trim here in UK comes with black headliner which I did not want.
18 degrees with the air flow turned on me! I think I need to check my thyroid!

Ok, todays miles with some, maybe 30 miles, on motorway at 70 mph. This is the most comfortable car I ve ever been in.
View attachment 9576
Glad to hear you're enjoying it, I'm still many months away. Would love to hear more about the sport model as most ive read or seen has been on the M Sport or even M50.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is encouraging - I’m going M Sport trim on 18’s. Was hoping for the 300 mile zone.
40 Msport 19” wheels SRG
I have now covered just over 1000 miles and on Weds on mostly wet roads 70% motorway (highway) driving achieved average of 3.8mi/kWh over a total journey of 235 miles and temperature of 12.5 - 16C. 100% charge is now showing over 300 miles. First charge away from home at a 50kwh pod point charger ran at 50kwh to 92%. This was at Lidl supermarket and cost 26.5 p/kWh - Great Value! This is a great car!
Still haven’t had time to delve into setting up my BMW connected drive in the car.

A bit off topic is it worth paint correction and ceramic coating ?? I think I’m going to keep this car a long time 🙂

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am actually on London today so mostly motorway journey ay 70 mph, I ll post consumption later on. Outbound journey though was 3.7 or 3.8 ml/kw at 12 Celsius so pretty great. This car is a fantasting motorway cruiser

·
Registered
506 Posts
A bit off topic is it worth paint correction and ceramic coating ?? I think I’m going to keep this car a long time 🙂
Particularly if you are going to be keeping the car for a long time, you should have a good look at PPF protection. It is a lot more expensive, £2000-£4000, depending on how much of the car you have done, but is a lifetime protection unlike ceramic and will be of much greater benefit.

I'm intending to keep my car a long time (I currently drive a 14 year old car) and am having the full PPF, which will cost me £4000. There are lots of posts about it in this forum, just hit the search bar!

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is the sport, the M trim here in UK comes with black headliner which I did not want.
18 degrees with the air flow turned on me! I think I need to check my thyroid!

Ok, todays miles with some, maybe 30 miles, on motorway at 70 mph. This is the most comfortable car I ve ever been in.
View attachment 9576
What setting for regenerative breaking are you using? I'm curious how large of an effect that has on energy consumption. Glad to hear that you love your car! Can't wait for my delivery.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Particularly if you are going to be keeping the car for a long time, you should have a good look at PPF protection. It is a lot more expensive, £2000-£4000, depending on how much of the car you have done, but is a lifetime protection unlike ceramic and will be of much greater benefit.

I'm intending to keep my car a long time (I currently drive a 14 year old car) and am having the full PPF, which will cost me £4000. There are lots of posts about it in this forum, just hit the search bar!
Thanks for this will check it out

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does anybody know how this regen is calculated into consumption? Lets say you have 100 km trip with consumption of 20kWh. Your regen was 4 kWh. Does that mean that actuall consumption was 24kWh but it deducted 4 that was obtained from regen?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts