BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Antoine Joubert's show, we learn that the edrive40 2023 is eligible for 2 grants. Combien coûte… la BMW i4 2023?

On the Transport Canada site, the information is currently incomplete as of July 28, 2022, but I was told that it would be updated favorably shortly. Its base price is under $65,000, so it qualifies.

I booked on October 9, 2021 and sent my configuration to my dealer (BMW Grenier in Terrebonne) last January, still no news. I booked an edrive40 with the big option package and other options like laser headlights. I wait....

·
Registered
MB GLA, Ordered I4 edrive40 Tanzanite blue with Cognac, Msport
537 Posts
In Antoine Joubert's show, we learn that the edrive40 2023 is eligible for 2 grants. Combien coûte… la BMW i4 2023?

On the Transport Canada site, the information is currently incomplete as of July 28, 2022, but I was told that it would be updated favorably shortly. Its base price is under $65,000, so it qualifies.

I booked on October 9, 2021 and sent my configuration to my dealer (BMW Grenier in Terrebonne) last January, still no news. I booked an edrive40 with the big option package and other options like laser headlights. I wait....
Yes it's a good news, I reserved on Oct. 14 and got an estimate delivery for spring 2023, originally it was Oct. 2022 :(
I reserved other models and will take final decision before end of the year.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
600 Posts
They just announced Today the new eDrive35 that starts at 54,990$
That's the reason why the eDrive40 should qualify again to the federal rebate.
Not yet official, probably it will take a few weeks to update the iZEV website.

They need a model under 55k to allow any other model under 65k to qualify, that's the way it works.

Here is the announcement for the eDrive35 model.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
600 Posts

I just watched Antoine's video and at the time of filming I feel he was just wrong about the 2 rebates for the eDrive40.

That just changed Today with the announcement of the eDrive35.

I also found it funny how he is upset about the 3k increase on a 70k car and doest not mention the 6k increase on a 55k car. Go figure.

·
Registered
TBD
17 Posts
Just got off the phone with my sales rep and wanted to share my findings. He mentioned they got a bulletin that the only way an e35 would qualify for the federal rebate is with the PREMIUM ESSENTIAL PACKAGE + $895 PAINT at most to be under the $65 000 mark. This doesn't match my understanding of the rules (as you mentioned above, just need BASE MSRP below 55 000) but it's what they got from the finance side. I wonder if this is a special provision for BMW set by GovOfCan so they can't game the system by introducing a late "base model" that is under the threshold. I'll also attach the new order guide he sent me. Some notable omissions for e35 from my review: cannot get M Sport Package, cannot get Carbon Fibre trim, cannot upgrade to anything other than Aero wheels and, of course, no DAPP. I left him my notes on what I would want if it DOES qualify for rebate (I want the Premium Enhanced package which by his bulletin would not qualify) as it'd be quite a bit cheaper than my current M50 order. Based on the other thread saying Nov 2022 prod start, these cars should deliver as early as ~March 2023 depending on allocations. Hope this information helps you if you are still waiting on an e40/m50 and want to switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
600 Posts
Just got off the phone with my sales rep and wanted to share my findings. He mentioned they got a bulletin that the only way an e35 would qualify for the federal rebate is with the PREMIUM ESSENTIAL PACKAGE + $895 PAINT at most to be under the $65 000 mark. This doesn't match my understanding of the rules (as you mentioned above, just need BASE MSRP below 55 000) but it's what they got from the finance side. I wonder if this is a special provision for BMW set by GovOfCan so they can't game the system by introducing a late "base model" that is under the threshold. I'll also attach the new order guide he sent me. Some notable omissions for e35 from my review: cannot get M Sport Package, cannot get Carbon Fibre trim, cannot upgrade to anything other than Aero wheels and, of course, no DAPP. I left him my notes on what I would want if it DOES qualify for rebate (I want the Premium Enhanced package which by his bulletin would not qualify) as it'd be quite a bit cheaper than my current M50 order. Based on the other thread saying Nov 2022 prod start, these cars should deliver as early as ~March 2023 depending on allocations. Hope this information helps you if you are still waiting on an e40/m50 and want to switch.
First of all thanks for the updated pricing guide, just makes me doubt if I should switch my eDrive40 order to an eDrive35 order.

Regarding federal rebates I doubt a condition was established specifically for BMW.
My bet is that your sales rep is not interpreting the rules correctly.
I still think that both eDrive35 and eDrive40 will qualify even if all options are selected. Will know soon enough.

·
Registered
TBD
17 Posts
Yeah, I have him following up with finance about that. I am down to switch my m50 order to an e35 provided I can get the premium enhanced package and be near the front of the line since orders just opened up. I am willing to sacrifice a bit to save around 30k!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First of all thanks for the updated pricing guide, just makes me doubt if I should switch my eDrive40 order to an eDrive35 order.

Regarding federal rebates I doubt a condition was established specifically for BMW.
My bet is that your sales rep is not interpreting the rules correctly.
I still think that both eDrive35 and eDrive40 will qualify even if all options are selected. Will know soon enough.
there's way too much misunderstanding here about what MSRP is. One thing is certain, and I received confirmation from my CA, the edrive40 is eligible for the federal subsidy since its MSRP allows it given the arrival of the edrive35 model which becomes the basic model. The edrive40's MSRP is under $65,000 excluding all added options. The case is closed for me. Transport Canada will
the update in a few weeks on their site.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
600 Posts
there's way too much misunderstanding here about what MSRP is. One thing is certain, and I received confirmation from my CA, the edrive40 is eligible for the federal subsidy since its MSRP allows it given the arrival of the edrive35 model which becomes the basic model. The edrive40's MSRP is under $65,000 excluding all added options. The case is closed for me. Transport Canada will
the update in a few weeks on their site.
Now my dilemma is wether to switch or not to an eDrive35 order from the eDrive40.

I will lose M sport package and brooklyn gray but I'll save 11k assuming both cars cars get the federal rebate like you said.
The lesser range, power and charging speed are not that big enough to make an impact on my decision.

I just emailed my SA asking about the new trim and I had a visit planned to dealer this Friday already so I'll ask more questions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now my dilemma is wether to switch or not to an eDrive35 order from the eDrive40.

I will lose M sport package and brooklyn gray but I'll save 11k assuming both cars cars get the federal rebate like you said.
The lesser range, power and charging speed are not that big enough to make an impact on my decision.

I just emailed my SA asking about the new trim and I had a visit planned to dealer this Friday already so I'll ask more questions.
when I switched from the M50 to the edrive40, I went back to the bottom of the list for controls. My seller told me that you can always change the options without impacting your position in the list, but not the model. so be careful.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
600 Posts
Yeah, I have him following up with finance about that. I am down to switch my m50 order to an e35 provided I can get the premium enhanced package and be near the front of the line since orders just opened up. I am willing to sacrifice a bit to save around 30k!
Less savings for me since I have an order for an eDrive40 but same dilemma.

The biggest question is how back on the list this switch will push as back. Since start of production is November for the eDrive35 I would assume that it will take quite a bit of time to start seeing them arrive to Canada. Just hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Less savings for me since I have an order for an eDrive40 but same dilemma.

The biggest question is how back on the list this switch will push as back. Since start of production is November for the eDrive35 I would assume that it will take quite a bit of time to start seeing them arrive to Canada. Just hope I'm wrong.
it's going to be long, it's 12 to 18 months late at the moment and everything is fine

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
600 Posts
when I switched from the M50 to the edrive40, I went back to the bottom of the list for controls. My seller told me that you can always change the options without impacting your position in the list, but not the model. so be careful.
I won't be surprised that they put you at the back of the list.
We are talking about a year away at least so if that's the case I'll just keep the eDrive40 order.

The fact that production starts only in November for eDrive35 tells me this is more a play for the rebates that and actual intention to sell those cars to everyone any time soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I won't be surprised that they put you at the back of the list.
We are talking about a year away at least so if that's the case I'll just keep the eDrive40 order.

The fact that production starts only in November for eDrive35 tells me this is more a play for the rebates that and actual intention to sell those cars to everyone any time soon.
we are a small market here.
Will the addition of this model (edrive 35) to the Munich factory have an impact on the quantity of other versions produced?

·
Registered
TBD
17 Posts
I'm just gonna cover my eyes and ears and pretend this didn't happen so I can live happily with my M50 order. Part of my reasoning to my wife was that e40 doesn't qualify for rebate so the pricing is close - might as well get the M50! :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: i4_eDrive40

·
Registered
MB GLA, Ordered I4 edrive40 Tanzanite blue with Cognac, Msport
537 Posts
Thanks Guys for scoop.
66kwh only for max 418 km on 18" wheels will be tight and the risk to be back again in the queue, not sure that it could be the best move for me. On 19" wheels it will be below 400 km and in winter probably just over 300 km! I really don't know for now what to do. :unsure:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts