BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2005 BMW M3 940whp
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

Hope, I can add something useful. I went through BMW Individual and picked out my color combo that is available for the i4. The dealer will have to submit a form to the regional manager for request to BMW in Germany for approval.

$4500 for Twilight Purple - Special Order Color

I ordered a i4 eDrive40 M-Sport with DHP in the individual color Twilight Purple combined with Black Vernasca Leather with Blue Contrast stitching. ETA was March/April 2022 but this was prior to the change to the individual color. Hopefully this will not hurt the delivery time too much but I'm still waiting for an updated delivery time.

Edit:

Car has arrive but can’t pickup due to Valet issues….

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
(2) 2022 i4 M50’s - one is dravit G+fiona full merino/ other is twilight P+ivory full merino,
372 Posts
I would like to know more info if you could share. How exactly was this done? Who is the best contact to get approval?

·
Super Moderator
2005 BMW M3 940whp
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to know more info if you could share. How exactly was this done? Who is the best contact to get approval?
I went on BMW INDIVIDUAL MANUFAKTUR VISUALIZER and gave my sales guy the build code. He went to the person that handles custom orders at the dealership and put in my request with BMWNA. After that they told me a price and I said ok.

·
Registered
(2) 2022 i4 M50’s - one is dravit G+fiona full merino/ other is twilight P+ivory full merino,
372 Posts
Man, I don’t know why my dealer is telling me it can’t be done. I’m guessing they just have not been updated yet. Many other users have confirmed placing individual orders… although it seems the official announcement on bmwgroup saying it’s avail to add options, not sure why we can’t. I’m happy to wait for a March build, our first card is due for an April delivery so don’t see why it would be a problem. I would be happy to wait much longer if need be. Basically we are considering cancelling our two orders if we are unable to order them the way we want.

·
Registered
372 Posts
can you or your dealer confirm that the screen in the car will have proper matching color of the 3D car, image on background etc… so if you get a purple bmw it’s purple on the screen too.
Or if you order nightgold wheels the wheels are also nightgold on the screen too. My dealer can’t give me an answer that is solid.

·
Super Moderator
2005 BMW M3 940whp
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can you or your dealer confirm that the screen in the car will have proper matching color of the 3D car, image on background etc… so if you get a purple bmw it’s purple on the screen too.
Or if you order nightgold wheels the wheels are also nightgold on the screen too. My dealer can’t give me an answer that is solid.
No it just note in my garage special order color and the color sample. Car image is a different color.

Also, got a confirmed build week 18!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello All,

Hope, I can add something useful. I went through BMW Individual and picked out my color combo that is available for the i4. The dealer will have to submit a form to the regional manager for request to BMW in Germany for approval.

I ordered a i4 eDrive40 M-Sport with DHP in the individual color Twilight Purple combined with Black Vernasca Leather with Blue Contrast stitching. ETA was March/April 2022 but this was prior to the change to the individual color. Hopefully this will not hurt the delivery time too much but I'm still waiting for an updated delivery time.
I unsuccessfully tried to order my I4-40 with a special order color back in November and was told not possible. You are fortunate as i would have liked to get mine in Champaign Silver Metallic, Blue Stone Grey Metallic or even the Soft Copper like the concept all with white interior as I think the colors offered are not very good.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I unsuccessfully tried to order my I4-40 with a special order color back in November and was told not possible. You are fortunate as i would have liked to get mine in Champaign Silver Metallic, Blue Stone Grey Metallic or even the Soft Copper like the concept all with white interior as I think the colors offered are not very good.
It should be possible now… many dealers had no idea back in November… but most dealers knew by January or February that they could order individual colors for the i4. Officially can do in March as it was an announcement

·
Super Moderator
2005 BMW M3 940whp
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It should be possible now… many dealers had no idea back in November… but most dealers knew by January or February that they could order individual colors for the i4. Officially can do in March as it was an announcement
Special order paint request for MY22 are no longer an option this year. The client would need to wait on a MY23 allocation. Also, I officially submitted my color in early January and was accepted a week later...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hello All,

Wow, thank you for that link. Now mu daughters want me to order Lagoon green. It does look kind of nice with the red seats.

Do you know what is the difference between the m seats and the climate seats?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hello All,

Ask your CA about adding 3MQ BMW M 50 Years Emblems (3MQ) to your order to reduce the cost of Twilight Purple (P38) to $3750.

Reactions: M3HNGRY and kipsate

·
Super Moderator
2005 BMW M3 940whp
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ask your CA about adding 3MQ BMW M 50 Years Emblems (3MQ) to your order to reduce the cost of Twilight Purple (P38) to $3750.
Twilight Purple is not on the list for discounted rate and plus I have to order m50 as well...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Twilight Purple is not on the list for discounted rate and plus I have to order m50 as well...
Twilight Purple is in the 50th Anniversary of M list of colors for $3750, what is not clear is if the Anniversary options applies to the e40 with M Sport.

Reactions: M3HNGRY

·
Super Moderator
2005 BMW M3 940whp
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Twilight Purple is in the 50th Anniversary of M list of colors for $3750, what is not clear is if the Anniversary options applies to the e40 with M Sport.
Anniversary option only applies to M50 :/ I have inquired and said I can order the emblems after the fact in Sept....

Reactions: Technic

·
Super Moderator
2005 BMW M3 940whp
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
She is almost done :D I wonder how long it will take to transport to the states...
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Reactions: Kayanarka
1 - 20 of 133 Posts