BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
It appears that the M Sport seats (Option 711) are not available in US or Canada.

Super disappointing, :confused: I was looking forward to having similar seats to my old M4.

Can anyone confirm or have conflicting information?
They are not part of the Canadian ordering guide at the moment but I guess it can differ from the US version.

For instance, the eDrive40 in Canada is lacking a lot of options to make it qualify for provincial EV rebates so I guess the base model US version will be equipped differently.

Here is the list of options and codes we have in Canada

·
Registered
27 Posts
They are not on the US order and price guide either. I haven't found them to be available on any US models other than the full fledged M cars. When I finally get to place my order I am going to see if they are available through the BMW individual program.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm curious...I've been seeing that seat in the German first drives of the car on Youtube but I think I prefer the standard seat with it having an adjustable headrest that is not only up and down but forward and backward...making them nicer for napping in while the car charges. Just a thought.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the adjustable headrest and will try it when I get the car, but what I also like is that the headrest is removeable, and unless I miss my guess, replaceable with the headrest (aftermarket of course) from the luxury seating package, which has "wings". If you've ever flown first class, most of the headrests have 3 parts, with the outer two adjustable to for a curve or cradle for your head.
Much easier to fall asleep while the headrest keeps your head straight. Like Ultrachrome said, "Good for napping while the car charges."

·
Registered
4 Posts
I must say, my wife and are are very bummed to find out about the M sport seats not being available.
or the electric tinted sunroof. We planned to get all the options other than ventilated seats. But seems the USA model has many things missing/not avail compared to the UK/euro spec.

I'm hoping our dealer can find many of these parts for us and order them from overseas to be installed. or like someone else said, the individual program.

I would like to order a custom color for my car. My wife already preordered hers with Dravit Grey and red guts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think the "real" M seats are reserved to the "real" M models. However, please be careful, you can get the sports seats with adjustable bolsters and adjustable lumbar support, but if you select the ventilation, you lose the adjustable bolsters and the passenger-side lumber support. At least I think based on the configurator. Not sure why, I think it's either they source the seats from different vendors that have each their limitations, or the ducting and the fans for ventilation makes them run out of room for other stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think the "real" M seats are reserved to the "real" M models. However, please be careful, you can get the sports seats with adjustable bolsters and adjustable lumbar support, but if you select the ventilation, you lose the adjustable bolsters and the passenger-side lumber support. At least I think based on the configurator. Not sure why, I think it's either they source the seats from different vendors that have each their limitations, or the ducting and the fans for ventilation makes them run out of room for other stuff.
in UK they have these for the i4 m50....both of our preorders are M50's and we definitely do NOT want ventilation in the seats. that perf leather is disgusting IMO, as it ages it collects dust and grime in the holes. NO THANKS. it's the only option we are not adding to our M50s. But would like to find a possible way to get these M sport seats in our cars :/

·
Registered
114 Posts
in UK they have these for the i4 m50....both of our preorders are M50's and we definitely do NOT want ventilation in the seats. that perf leather is disgusting IMO, as it ages it collects dust and grime in the holes. NO THANKS. it's the only option we are not adding to our M50s. But would like to find a possible way to get these M sport seats in our cars :/
If you look at the Configurator for the M3 or M4, there are actually 2 varieties of M sport seats, the "standard" and the "all-carbon shell" that looks awesome. On the other hand, I did not see the "Individual" customization program being available for the i4, even M50 in the configurator, the dealer may be able to get it but I'm sure it won't be cheap. I'm not sure though I would shell out big money for the "standard" M sport seats, they don't seem to have much more than a M badge below the headrest compared to the standard i4 M50 sports seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was sure to chose the normal sport seats before I tested both versions (sport/m-sport). But it is a huge different in comfort for me and also the side support. After testing, the normal sport seats was not an option any more. I am 185cm/73kg.

Plus, they look so much better and feels more exclusive.

It is much more then an M-badge.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No. The UK configurator shows the "real" sport seats available in black and cognac.
It's an option that costs 1000 UK.

It appears that the US order sheet mirrors the 440iX Gran Coupe except where the i4 M50 is unique. So things like piano black trim, real M seats, etc are all excluded.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts