BMW i4 Forum banner

i4 M50 Alloy Wheel Restriction - UK

6K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Pete 
#1 ·
Just received this:

BMW have advised that the restriction for Option 3FW, 20” 868 M Double Spoke Bicolour Jet Black alloys wheels has been extended by the factory until Quarter 2, 2023

Any vehicle that has not been allocated a chassis could now be subject to a production delay into late 2023 or early 2024

We have been asked to ensure that all customers are aware of the potential delay and where possible change to the standard Option 3FT 19” 861 M Double Spoke Bicolour Jet Black Alloy…

If you have an order in then worth checking with your dealer.

#4 ·
I cannot understand why they dont offer the nice 19’ 859 (or 862) in the UK. Also, shadowline and red brakes is compulsory. And sensatec is not an option. Not many choices make all cars look very similar.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: generic.user
#8 ·
Not really, they are still a fairly rare car in the uk, especially M50, although I have seen around 4 Brooklyn Grey in the last week or so, it certainly isn’t on every street corner like model Y they are everywhere, I have 4 in my street, at least they are all different colours, but not a single i4 in my local estate, plus mine is Orange, not many mad enough to choose that colour for their M50!

#5 ·
I really dislike how the wheel choice determines whether or not you have the rear fender flares. That's the only reason I got the 20" wheels. I ordered in early October, and got my VIN in early January for a 04 build week (in Canada). The car is currently being built.

Reactions: Graham239
#12 ·
Just received this:

BMW have advised that the restriction for Option 3FW, 20” 868 M Double Spoke Bicolour Jet Black alloys wheels has been extended by the factory until Quarter 2, 2023

Any vehicle that has not been allocated a chassis could now be subject to a production delay into late 2023 or early 2024

We have been asked to ensure that all customers are aware of the potential delay and where possible change to the standard Option 3FT 19” 861 M Double Spoke Bicolour Jet Black Alloy…

If you have an order in then worth checking with your dealer.
How annoying, I have also just been told this today, ordered Feb 22 and due in Sep 22, then Jan 23, then Apr 23, then queried by BMW if I could take delivery before end of Dec 22 to which I said yes. Then this time has gone by, then today they are saying late 23 / early 24….what a joke!

seems like we are in the same boat…aarrgghhh, to make it worse I sold my M4 Comp in Nov 22 expecting delivery Jan 23 by and my charger will be out of warranty in Feb lol.

#14 ·
I got an email from my companies car salary sacrifice scheme the other week saying that my car will likely be delayed to the end of the year because I've selected the 20" :( they gave a window of 2nd half 2023 to first half of 2024. I was so close to my estimated delivery date of end of March. So close yet so far away. it doesn't mention anything on the car configuator on the BMWUK website, unless I'm missing something.

#15 ·
I wonder why they’re delaying builds for the wheels, but they wouldn’t delay builds for missing DAPP and PAP? Why don’t they just give you the option of switching to 19” wheels, or just switch them for you without telling you?

Reactions: generic.user
#27 ·
Congrats! Why does it take until the end of the month to pick it up? That's ridiculous!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.