BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
25 Posts
Thanks for the link. Interesting story.

But, erm, what is this thing in the X-Ray view? It looks like a radiator. But how would it get cooled with the closed grille in front of it?

Regards, Vincent.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
114 Posts
@Mycroft , this is a fantastic link, very informative on the driving characteristics of the i4 M50, which I have been looking for since the beginning, and the X-Ray was a superb bonus. Now there does seem to be room for a decent size "frunk" if somebody would mold one to replace the BMW plastic engine cover, probably around 120 liters, nice to put the charging cables, basic tools, and emergency supplies, but I wonder whether it would risk obstructing the airflow from the behind the radiator to the top of the motor. What do you think?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts
In germany there is a guy I saw in a forum, who makes aftermarket frunks for the iX3. I guess, as the i4 40 has no front motor, it should be possible to have a frunk there. We'll see what the market offers. Btw, the i4 model in the link looks lowered compared to the actual car in the video. Does someone know if there are lowering springs for available?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks for the link! I was looking forward to read the article.

Just a little sad to see, that they didn't post any Tesla vs i4 head 2 head videos as we know from Instagram that they had a Tesla on track together with the i4 :LOL:

Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
114 Posts
View attachment 2653

it's quite a mess, I won't try to modify anything 😅
Actually, this picture shows the possibility, not touching anything below the cover, to replace it with a cover with a depression in the middle designed to clear all the piping below and the triangular frame, the depression being the frunk. Just imagine "melting" the engine cover, let the center go down and even blow into it for it to expand to all unused space, and voila! a new engine cover with a frunk in the middle. Well,.would have to ensure we don't apply pressure on sensitive parts, may be leave clearance for air circulation and ensure the cover is removable (no reverse overhang), bit I'm sure someone will make one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts