BMW i4 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I know these are completely different cars but we currently own two ICE countryman and have been quite happy with them for the last 8 years. For 85% of our driving, I'm sure I'll far prefer the i4 but we need to drive quite a bit on gravel and sometimes have to deal with significant snowfall. Our biggest concern with the i4 is how little ground clearance the car has. Now the EV Countryman seems to be nearer to release than I imagined before. If the Countryman had significantly more range as an AWD vehicle and was still a good performer, I would have to seriously reconsider purchasing the i4.

Does anyone here have any insight into the EV Countryman...perhaps like the ix3, it will only be available as a two wheel drive vehicle putting it out of the running for us? Or maybe it will be an AWD vehicle with great performance and range for less money than the i4.

Any thoughts are appreciated 馃檪

Registered

Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
So can someone back out of an i4 order right up to the day the car comes in and still get your deposit back?

Registered
MB GLA, Ordered I4 edrive40 Tanzanite blue with Cognac, Msport
I know these are completely different cars but we currently own two ICE countryman and have been quite happy with them for the last 8 years. For 85% of our driving, I'm sure I'll far prefer the i4 but we need to drive quite a bit on gravel and sometimes have to deal with significant snowfall. Our biggest concern with the i4 is how little ground clearance the car has. Now the EV Countryman seems to be nearer to release than I imagined before. If the Countryman had significantly more range as an AWD vehicle and was still a good performer, I would have to seriously reconsider purchasing the i4.

Does anyone here have any insight into the EV Countryman...perhaps like the ix3, it will only be available as a two wheel drive vehicle putting it out of the running for us? Or maybe it will be an AWD vehicle with great performance and range for less money than the i4.

Any thoughts are appreciated 馃檪
What will be the range and horse power? Will be AWD either?

Registered
335i convertible, BMW K1600b mc
So can someone back out of an i4 order right up to the day the car comes in and still get your deposit back?
I was told unless you got some ungodly color scheme, they would have no problem getting rid of it.
I was also thinking with demand and ppl not wanting to wait till 2023, I'm sure you could sell it and make money off of it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I think the timeframe you are looking at the countryman might not be available.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk
Yeah...I thought 2024 as well but now I see articles like this...

It wasn't all that long ago i remember seeing the camo i4 and now it's virtually here.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I was told unless you got some ungodly color scheme, they would have no problem getting rid of it.
I was also thinking with demand and ppl not wanting to wait till 2023, I'm sure you could sell it and make money off of it.
That's the impression I got to from our dealer and if we were still buying a BMW product, I don't think it will be an issue

Registered
MB GLA, Ordered I4 edrive40 Tanzanite blue with Cognac, Msport
That's what I'd like to know...if it were 250 HP +, with AWD and 500 km + range, I'd have to give this some serious thought.
Yes but it will be not a BMW ;)
I checked on my side the audi q4 but keep my mind on I4 because the driving will be awesome :p

Registered
Tanzanite M50, red sensatec, carbon fiber trim, red brakes, 859" wheels, DAAP, PAP, premium. lsrlite
That's the impression I got to from our dealer and if we were still buying a BMW product, I don't think it will be an issue
I thought the deposit was fully refundable up to the point of accepting delivery / signing paperwork to buy at the dealership. Personally I wish it weren't, then it would be 1500 reasons for my wife not to change her mind letting me get my pig nosed beast. 馃槀.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yes but it will be not a BMW ;)
I checked on my side the audi q4 but keep my mind on I4 because the driving will be awesome :p
haha...if you close your eyes while driving, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between a newer Mini Countryman and an X1. Yeah...but you're right, the i4 is going to be a lot more fun to drive.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I thought the deposit was fully refundable up to the point of accepting delivery / signing paperwork to buy at the dealership. Personally I wish it weren't, then it would be 1500 reasons for my wife not to change her mind letting me get my pig nosed beast. 馃槀.
Ours is a weird deal in that we took our dealers showroom allocation so we actually have 4000 down with a deal for 5000 off the price if we let them keep it as a showroom car for 3 months. Seems like how you buy these things isn't written into stone. Haha...I guess I'm from a different kind of household. I was thinking the Hyundai Ionic 5 was the wiser choice for what we needed - it was my wife that tipped the scale to the i4 M50.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts