BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

In the U.K. the WLTP range for the i4 40 is 337 - 352 miles, 15 miles difference.

However, the i4 M50 range is 258 - 318 miles, 60 miles difference…

WLTP takes into account all possible factory specification options, this is why a upper and lower WLTP range is quoted. In the U.K. there is a “M Technology Pack” only available on the M50.

“M Technology Pack
ONLY AVAILABLE WITH ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
The M Technology Pack features increased heat capacity of the braking system and the cooling system that guarantees a long-lasting high performance under extreme driving conditions (similar to motorsport) (especially in combination with high outside temperatures). Includes upgrades for the drive train cooling system and the M Sport braking system.

Available with 20" 868 M Double-spoke Bi-colour alloy wheels.”

Could this pack be responsible for this variance in range? Big air scoops for extra brake and battery cooling alongside 20“ wheels could adversely affect the fast driving (131km/h) section of the WLTP cycle.

Could the M50 with out the M Technology Pack be a 300 mile WLTP car? 80% for reality giving 240 miles from 100% battery?…

·
Registered
181 Posts
The main difference comes from the 20" tires with the very wide rear tires, the 868M's. They are only available for the M50 and according to BMW they will take away 50 miles / 80 kilometers of range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.
I only just noticed the summary button at the bottom of the configurator. Adding the option pack changes the range from 310 miles to 260 miles. So, yes this pack and it’s wheels costs 50 miles WLTP range, 80Km.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts