BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just read below in another i4 forum, and hope it is not true. It would be a shame to leave out wireless charging in such a new car.

Have any of you heard about options which are being removed from i4 orders due to the chip shortage?

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

Rectangle Font Art Violet Magenta

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just can’t see BMW letting their first few new model EVs come out without this feature. Orders placed now maybe but not the first few. I could be wrong and hope that any missing features will be reflected in a price decrease.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am not surprised. It is limited on almost all BMW models at the moment. Wireless is okay for me as it can be retrofitted later, but extended bluetooth is a potential dealbreaker. If I end up in the same "you can't have this and that" loop as with the LCI G01 X3 I had on order, before going to the I4, I would consider cancelling and finding something temporary for the next 12 months. There are so many luxury EV's coming next year and the market moves really fast. Having a car that does not support even the most basic phone connection features is crazy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just read below in another i4 forum, and hope it is not true. It would be a shame to leave out wireless charging in such a new car.

Have any of you heard about options which are being removed from i4 orders due to the chip shortage?
This post (in German) Chip-Mangel: BMW Head-up-Display entfällt für viele Modelle mentions that HUD and wireless charging are removed from the following models:

BMW 1er, BMW 2er, BMW 3er, BMW 4er, BMW X3, BMW X4, BMW Z4​

But not from BMW 5er and M models. No mention of the i4.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Stupid question but what exactly is extended Bluetooth?

I expect orders already placed won’t be effected? As I said in another thread I was told I can’t add the Comfort Pack (I didn’t add it when I originally placed my order in July) due to availability of parts. I’ll be disappointed if I can’t add it before the car is built.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I went to the car dealership this week and the salesman warn me about this. Indeed, no wireless charging... Also, the Harman Kardon sound system is still available but increases the production date

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi! I went to the car dealership this week and the salesman warn me about this. Indeed, no wireless charging... Also, the Harman Kardon sound system is still available but increases the production date
Sounds like the same story as the X3 I had on order. In that case the story endede up being only part-"Comfort Access" package as the chip for the phone-key is not available. Then the HUD and finally the full DA proff. package, wireless charging and front-lumbar support. Fingers crossed that it does not go so wrong for the I4🤞

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great, was seriously doubting picking the HK sound system or not. Would be satisfied enough with the hifi speakers.

Do you know what delay to expect with HK?

·
Registered
3 Posts
No idea about the delay. He just told me "this option may delay the delivery". So I passed on it... I am more bummed about the wireless charger :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
And this applies to future or only existing orders?
I did read the german article explaining that options are disappearing from configurators of new cars. I am assuming us that have already ordered cars can get them as agreed, but will maybe have to accept waiting.

If anyone's seen the huge car lots of the Ford factories in the US waiting for microcontrollers, I guess that's what BMW is trying to avoid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay, so was just past my dealer (in Denmark) and as of today there is no known restrictions for the I4. Sigh of relief for me at least :)

Build slots should be allocated sometime in the beginning of November (again for Denmark at least)
Where did you order? I ordered at JN?
I ordered back back in june.
A few weeks ago I was told that they will call me in december for final changes and confirmation. This will be 40 days before production, where the slot and order is locked. Produktion will be in january. Delivery will then be february.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Where did you order? I ordered at JN?
I ordered back back in june.
A few weeks ago I was told that they will call me in december for final changes and confirmation. This will be 40 days before production, where the slot and order is locked. Produktion will be in january. Delivery will then be february.
Ordered with JN as well, but much later than you, only about 3 weeks ago. I have not been given a more specific ETA other than sometime between March and May. I would guess that you have been one of the very first to order.

I saw that the showroom cars will be produced in early january and expected delivery will be around beginning of february. As for the rest of the orders, all were code 047 and yet to get production week. There have already been alot of orders from what I could see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I spoke to the dealer in start august appr. 34 was ordered at JN.
I think show room cars will be in at the end november. At "selected markets".
Any1 knows what "selected markets" are in BMW terms? Could it be DE, UK, NO??

1 - 20 of 45 Posts