BMW i4 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 113 Posts

Registered
TBF, I had former BWM models with HiFi and with HK. HK is not worth the money. Actually, all BMW's have sh*tty sound compared to other brands, no matter what pack you take. Especially standard is really bad for 2020's.
Well yeah, but for those extra 500 euros, you鈥檒l only be able to buy a jar of audiophile cable grease or a pillow stand for your power conditioner. I am fully prepared for the HK system to sound 鈥榡ust fine鈥 but lack soundstage and details.
You should listen to the BW system of the X5M, it was AMAZING. I didn鈥檛 think a car system such as this existed. It was comparable to a normal hifi system.

Registered
I haven't read all posts here, but the last thing I heard (when I ordered my car, which is only a couple of weeks back) is that HK is possible again (it was off the list before October). The lumbar support on the front seats would be a problem in the new cars and would delay the delivery.
I'm not sure if it is important for BMW, but I do know that sunroofs and the retractable towbar are an issue for delivery at the Volkswagen/Audi group.

Registered
The issue with screens being non-touch reached the Greek press...

(link auto-translated to English)

Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
The issue with screens being non-touch reached the Greek press...

(link auto-translated to English)
This is a very poor supply chain management from BMW.

I鈥檓 starting to be afraid that somewhere down the road they tell me that the option A, B and C will not be possible. And honestly after waiting for so long that would be a killer for me, I rather keep the 6 series a while more and wait for the A6 etron or the e-Macan, or even get a used etron gt or Taycan.

I almost didn鈥檛 order the X3 because the 360 cameras were unavailable (in end of 2018), but at the time the GLC (pre facelift) and Q5 (also pre facelift) didn鈥檛 appeal to me, in great part because both didn鈥檛 have touchscreen and I thought that was unacceptable in 2018, as even my 2012 Vw Passat had a touch screen!

Registered
This is a very poor supply chain management from BMW.

I鈥檓 starting to be afraid that somewhere down the road they tell me that the option A, B and C will not be possible. And honestly after waiting for so long that would be a killer for me, I rather keep the 6 series a while more and wait for the A6 etron or the e-Macan, or even get a used etron gt or Taycan.

I almost didn鈥檛 order the X3 because the 360 cameras were unavailable (in end of 2018), but at the time the GLC (pre facelift) and Q5 (also pre facelift) didn鈥檛 appeal to me, in great part because both didn鈥檛 have touchscreen and I thought that was unacceptable in 2018, as even my 2012 Vw Passat had a touch screen!
It is very frustrating for sure, however, I don't think it is especially bad SCM from BMW side. Remember most car manufacturers have the same problem. They can't deliver and need to find ways and prioritize.

I hope they will get in control soon, and I hope I have the patience to wait...

Registered
And honestly after waiting for so long that would be a killer for me, I rather keep the 6 series a while more and wait for the A6 etron or the e-Macan, or even get a used etron gt or Taycan.
It鈥檚 funny, I have the exact same models in mind than you. I chose the i4 because it was available 芦 now 禄 but was really interested in the A6 Etron and the e-Macan (or whatever it will be called). The etron gt and taycan were both a bit too expensive.

Registered
I鈥檓 starting to be afraid that somewhere down the road they tell me that the option A, B and C will not be possible. And honestly after waiting for so long that would be a killer for me
Hmmm.....you have no idea what the word "waiting" means...
Let me tell you my story: Since February 2016 I'm driving an Audi A4 2.0 TDi 190HP S-Tronic Quattro. Because of Covid19, I did not make a lot of kilometers, so my contract was extended. In September 2020 a new ticket was opened to order a new company car. So I started looking in the list and finally I came up with an Audi A3 1.5 TFSi Daytona Grey S-Tronic S-Line with everything you could imagine (18" wheels, leather sport seats, platinum pack, matrix lights, s-line interior, the complete assistant package, the complete parking assistant package, rearview camera, B&O, adaptive chassis, plus one that was very important for me: electric seats for both driver and passenger).

When I tried to order it, the dealer told me I could not have the option "electric seats". There was only this option for the driver, not for the passenger. But I needed it especially for the passenger for my wife, who had surgery on her back 3 years ago. And it is too difficult for her to change the seat manually (she can't sit in the same position for more than half an hour). Now, you have to know that this option (electric front seats) is an option you can have in the whole of Europe. I've looked on all these Audi sites, and in every country, you can have this option. Not in Belgium. And this is only a problem on the gasoline version of the sedan (called limousine in some countries, or better a 4-door) On the diesel you can have this option. On the hybrid, you can have this option. On the gasoline 1.5 TFSi, you can't...

I really wanted this option so I even got in touch with the import company (D'Ieteren in Belgium) and with Audi AG Germany. Finally, they promised me that the option would be available in July 2021 when the A3 would have its first facelift. So the option "Electric seats" was ordered anyway as an accessory. The delivery date was postponed 2 times and the final day would be September 1st, 2021.

A week before the delivery I called the dealership to see if all was still OK, but their answer was negative. The car could not be assembled because the option "Electric seats" was still not available. I replied to them that it was written on the order. One week later... the manager responsible for the company cars called me to say that Audi had canceled the order. Fudge!!!

So my ticket was re-opened because I needed to search again for a new car. And since the company is pushing now so hard to reduce CO2, my eye fell on the i4 M50.
But now I probably will have to wait till the end of 2022 (and maybe even longer) for my new car. That's in total more than 2 years...
So, please @J78, don't talk to me about waiting
And BTW, the option is still not available.

Registered

Registered
Beginning of November, my dealer received a list of models that were not infected anymore by delays of HK anymore: Series 3, 4, 5, X3, X4 and X5 and the new i4 and iX.
Lumbar support was still on the list in November.
According to her (yes, a female salesperson), those where the only things that affected the i4

61 - 80 of 113 Posts