BMW i4 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Auto-translated from Greek to English.
What equipment do manufacturers cut to get rid of chips?
Tied are the hands of automakers around the world removing some of the key technologies in their models in an effort to save chips . Where do Tesla and BMW put their scissors ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
When I was at BMW to get an offer (end September), the salesman warned me that the wireless charging would not be available. I think I didn't see official info about it though...
That was about a separate option with a sticker price. The reports are about a vendor cutting non-essential utilities; the car drives without USB ports. And unless these are listed in your order you might not even be entitled to a refund.

·
Registered
152 Posts
But that would be false advertising. And that's illegal in Belgium (and probably also in other countries)
Yes, but only if it was listed or pictured in the configurator or the price list. Or listed on the order confirmation.

But the point is: What should they do? Cut it and deliver? Stall the order and deliver when(?) the parts become available? Cancel the order entirely?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, but only if it was listed or pictured in the configurator or the price list. Or listed on the order confirmation.

But the point is: What should they do? Cut it and deliver? Stall the order and deliver when(?) the parts become available? Cancel the order entirely?
I guess they should give you the choice. Depending on the missing option, some will prefer to wait, some will prefer a quicker delivery even if that means loosing the option. And then, some will prefer to cancel the order.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Add the Driving Assist Pro to the list of shortages
Chip shortage impact varies over time and countries. This list contains components that have already caused long delay or unavailability, as reported by buyers. Check with BMW for more details
  1. Harman/Kardon Surround Sound Audio System
  2. Smartphone wireless charging
  3. Head Up Display
  4. Enhanced Bluetooth
  5. Personal eSIM
  6. Passenger front lumbar support
  7. BMW Laser
  8. Driving Assist Pro

·
Registered
525 Posts
Where is that stated?