BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I’m curious. My Tesla doesn’t have standard service intervals. Anyone know if that’s the case with the i4?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi all. I’m curious. My Tesla doesn’t have standard service intervals. Anyone know if that’s the case with the i4?
It has (2y or 20kkm as far as I remember) but I have spoken with the guys at the dealership and they say that service package they offer with the car to buy is very cheap per their standards so they assume it will be only standard stuff - checklist, brakes fluid check, battery level check, campaigns ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
For the iX3 the configurator says
Service Inclusive 4 Years
493 €

Me, I wonder how intrusive will be the iDrive 8 when you decide to postpone the (not so much important for EVs) service for a few months.

·
Registered
180 Posts
This is what BMW has to say about it:

WHY SERVICE INCLUSIVE?
As a BMW driver you want to save on maintenance, but never on quality. That is why we offer you a very attractive multi-year maintenance contract. For a one-time fee you are covered for the period of your choice, for all service and maintenance. So that you will never be faced with surprises and that your BMW will remain in top condition for years to come. Your benefits:
  • Very attractive cost savings compared to separate maintenance.
  • Long-term value retention of your BMW.
  • Dealer maintained with original BMW parts.
  • Valid worldwide at participating BMW Service Partners.
  • Various Service Inclusive packages possible based on duration and kilometers.

BMW SERVICE INCLUSIVE (PLUS).
Like many fellow BMW drivers, choose certainty and top service. BMW Service Inclusive is for all BMW drivers. Whether you have purchased a new BMW or have been driving your BMW for a while. The maintenance contract includes all prescribed maintenance including the required original BMW parts, fluids and the workshop rate. Has your new BMW never been serviced before? Then you can also opt for BMW Service Inclusive Plus. In addition to all the benefits of Service Inclusive, this package also offers replacement of wearing parts.

SERVICE INCLUSIVE FOR YOUR FULLY ELECTRIC BMW.
You always drive a perfectly maintained BMW for an attractive, fixed price in advance. That's BMW Service Inclusive. You can purchase all the prescribed maintenance as a contract at a low cost in one go. For a one-time fee you are covered for all service and maintenance for 4 years and unlimited kilometers. So you know what to expect: perfect service for your BMW.
Your benefits:
  • Attractive cost savings compared to individual services.
  • Full control and transparency over costs.
  • Your BMW dealer or Authorized Service Partner maintains your BMW with the correct BMW knowledge and Original BMW Parts.
  • Higher residual value thanks to automatic transfer of the contract to a new owner.
  • Available at all participating BMW Service Partners worldwide.
BMW Service Inclusive includes as a maintenance contract for your fully electric BMW the prescribed maintenance including the required original BMW parts, fluids and the workshop rate:
  • Maintenance according to BMW guidelines.
  • Cabin filter(s).
  • Brake fluid.

Reactions: rangerek

·
Registered
180 Posts
Service inclusive for the i4 will cost you EUR 617 for 4 years of maintenance, without kilometer limitation (in the Netherlands, including 21% VAT).
I guess a good offer if you drive at least 15.000 to 20.000 km's per year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Why would you take service inclusive? it mainly is aimed at interior filters, oil filters (in case of combustion engine - but in case of electric - nothing), brake pads (if you use regen a lot properly - you don't need changing this for many years). for ICE car it's a good option to take, for electric car - if issues arise these will be covered by warranty. from wear & tear perspective - not much to change / do, just airco + interior filter.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Why would you take service inclusive?
For Dutch people another thing to consider is that if you include the service inclusive in your original order, it is considered to be "factory installed". Rediculous of course as you're paying for future maintenance but never the less this is how our government sees it. As a consequence it adds to your "fiscale bijtelling" and you will pay additional taxes as long as you drive the car.
So take it out of your original order (you need to tick the box to exclude it!!) and add it later, after delivery, if you wish.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Why would you take service inclusive? it mainly is aimed at interior filters, oil filters (in case of combustion engine - but in case of electric - nothing), brake pads (if you use regen a lot properly - you don't need changing this for many years). for ICE car it's a good option to take, for electric car - if issues arise these will be covered by warranty. from wear & tear perspective - not much to change / do, just airco + interior filter.
Just to remind you - to preserve guarantee you need to do interval checks at the authorized workshop - this package covers that - and it is €450 so less than those standard checks would cost you (you need to do them every 20kkm)

·
Registered
180 Posts
On my current 3-series the idrive OS will tell you when it is time for maintenance. This is not after a fixed number of kilometers, but varies with the actual use of the car. My car will now be due for it's second service interval when it reaches 64.000 km. So I am doing a little bit better than the standard 30.000km intervals.

I guess it will work the same for the i4?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ordered the 8 year variant for around 800 eur. It will probably be as other electric cars, brake fluid, filters, check for rust and condition of body and chassis. It specified that brakes were not included.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For Dutch people another thing to consider is that if you include the service inclusive in your original order, it is considered to be "factory installed". Rediculous of course as you're paying for future maintenance but never the less this is how our government sees it. As a consequence it adds to your "fiscale bijtelling" and you will pay additional taxes as long as you drive the car.
So take it out of your original order (you need to tick the box to exclude it!!) and add it later, after delivery, if you wish.
exactly, saves money in more ways than just one. can be added after delivery, but also any time (at least before the first interval check). I have my iX3 also without it, and by the looks of it can still add it through the app. also if you don't feel like keeping the car too long (I normally keep 1 year max), then it's a waste.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts