BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is sitting at the port for 10 days and I’m worried. I thought the logistics problem was getting better. Any of you have the car sitting at port longer than 10 days?

·
Registered
98 Posts
My car is sitting at the port for 10 days and I’m worried. I thought the logistics problem was getting better. Any of you have the car sitting at port longer than 10 days?
I can help you out on this one. It's likely out of the port now and at the Performance center. From the time mine got to port, it took about 4 weeks for it to get to the dealership where it is right now. But My garage still says it's at the port.

If you have the VIN number, you can call the genius line and they can tell you where it is. That's what I did and that's how I found out it was at the dealership. I was actually the one who called them, not the other way around.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm not exactly on the East Coast, but close. My BMW dealership is BMW of Birmingham in Alabama. And I got the eDrive40.
You still might get your i4 before me, I'm not on the coast (Nevada) but still will have to have the ship go all the way through the Panama Canal and then up the coast to southern California.......then trucked to Northern Nevada. :oops:

·
Registered
615 Posts
There have been cars at the port for like 3 months before. Maybe even longer. "At the port" is the longest status besides the living hell of status 111 and 112.

·
Registered
85 Posts
@The Real AV Guy thanks. I will call the genius line. My car has been at the port since June 2.
The Tannhauser is at Bremerhaven now, heading for California (Arrived June 21 at Bremerhaven and supposed to Depart June 25). The next one out as scheduled is Oberon on July 9. I've been at the Port for a week now and hope I can hop one of those ships. We'll see.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The Tannhauser is at Bremerhaven now, heading for California (Arrived June 21 at Bremerhaven and supposed to Depart June 25). The next one out as scheduled is Oberon on July 9. I've been at the Port for a week now and hope I can hop one of those ships. We'll see.
Our cars have been tracking the same for quite a while. Hopefully we both get on the same ship or I'm going to super jealous, LOL :p

·
Registered
615 Posts
047 (no allocation) is even worse because I still have 111 and 112 hell to go through, once I get past 047 (over 6 months).
By the time you get to 111, the 111 -> 112 -> 111 issue might not even be a thing anymore though so at least there is that

·
Registered
20 Posts
Our cars have been tracking the same for quite a while. Hopefully we both get on the same ship or I'm going to super jealous, LOL :p
There are a few NYK ROROs that will head towards the West Coast in the next month as well. But in the other thread, someone had their car ferried to Belgium first. It's a total mystery how and when the cars will show up here.

I started seeing the i4 in the wild regularly here in the Bay Area. At least some people got theirs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice 👍🏻 I should know soon which one of those ships my i4 e40 will be on. I’m glad BMW is shipping into a smaller port, Port Hueneme. A lot of time is saved by bypassing a larger, slower port…

·
Registered
534 Posts
There are a few NYK ROROs that will head towards the West Coast in the next month as well. But in the other thread, someone had their car ferried to Belgium first. It's a total mystery how and when the cars will show up here.

I started seeing the i4 in the wild regularly here in the Bay Area. At least some people got theirs.
Yep, it is a totally mystery how BMW ships their cars. I haven't seen any in the wild here in Nevada (Reno) but I was second in line for an allocation so there are probably not as many as in California.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts