BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I understand the current officially released information is about the i440 and the M50; however, will there be an i435 as mentioned early on?

Perhaps a later release later into 2022?

Or will be there only the two trims?
(My thoughts because of possible 3 series electric spyshots)

Link for 3 series spyshot

·
Registered
103 Posts
I understand the current officially released information is about the i440 and the M50; however, will there be an i435 as mentioned early on?

Perhaps a later release later into 2022?

Or will be there only the two trims?
(My thoughts because of possible 3 series electric spyshots)
I read in the official press release that later in 2022 there will be a 435 version. I don't remember the size of the battery (probably wasn't mention it).
The thing is I don't know if a small cut in price, that the expensive options could easily balance-out is worth the shorter range.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If a 3 series sedan electric is coming, I would prefer that....I just dunno if it would be coming to the US market as its been assumed to be built on the extended model thats sold in China.

*Fingers crossed
Wishing for the best
^^b

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rumor has it that 435 is scheduled for late 2022 and will come with a smaller battery. The battery size is really the way to make a difference in price.

·
Registered
72 Posts
BMWBLOG had posted the following before the i4 was officially released:

BMW i4: i435, i440 and M50 xDrive planned

The Wikipedia Page mentions the i435 as well:

BMW i4 - Wikipedia

If the i435 ends up around $50k with a few options and 230-240 miles of EPA range I would be very interested in it.

As far as availability I would guess late 2022 or early 2023. A lot of EV manufacture seems to offer the cheaper option the next production year. Polestar just did it with the Polestar 2.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For those of you that can accept a shorter range, what’s your idea minimum range?
I would think that anything (clearly) above 400km WLTP range would probably be sufficient for me.

I would also assume that the acceleration would be capped, probably to 0-100kph in about 8-9s, in line with the less powerful petrol models. Which also would be good enough for me.

But I had to order now. And since it is my first BEV range anxiety is still a thing. So this time: as much range as possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just hope it does come to the US market by 2023. As it looks to be built on a extended model built for China, I hope its not like the ix3 where the US got left out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts