BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found this on the iX where all iDrive 8 buttons (apps) are explained (German)

At around 2:10 the shortcut menu is displayed.

Wonder if the Adaptiv shortcut refers to the “missing” Adaptive button on driving modes of center console.

Line Font Display device Gadget Electronic device

·
Registered
299 Posts
found this on the iX where all iDrive 8 buttons (apps) are explained (German)

Great find @J78
This is the best iDrive8 video so far. Looks good, will require some getting used to. Looking forward to it.

Wonder if the Adaptiv shortcut refers to the “missing” Adaptive button on driving modes of center console.
The iX is different than the i4 as it has no physical mode buttons. The i4 does have these.
If I am not mistaking 8 positions in the shortcut menu are user configurable, more or less similar as the physical shortcut buttons in current models.

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If I am not mistaking 8 positions in the shortcut menu are user configurable, more or less similar as the physical shortcut buttons in current models.
Yes it seems that way,
8 shortcut customizable buttons on top
4 system buttons (maybe fixed?) in middle - Do not disturb, hide private, notifications, screen off (from google translate :) )
5 suggestion buttons - would be the most used or context specific maybe

·
Registered
484 Posts
For those who want to get more into that video here are the following:

1) Timecoded GERMAN auto-generated subtitles srt/txt
2) Timecoded ENGLISH auto-translated subtitles srt/txt
3) Google translation in ENGLISH without timecode and blank lines
4) Google translation in GREEK without timecode and blank lines (although I think I'm the only Greek here, for now, but you never know)

ALL these are autogenerated, so expect them to be BAD and probably ...useless, but I did the process for me so I uploaded them in case someone cares.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts