BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could have a second car complementing the i4, for you, what would it be? Anything goes, something without a roof for those nice summer days, something sporty for the track, something tall for the back roads or something French for visiting the crowded supermarket parking lot?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I myself will maybe get something like an MX5 or a Boxster. light, topless,uncomplicated and fun.

·
Registered
2019 BMW M4cs
125 Posts
I'd love to keep my M4cs alongside the M50, but I know that wouldn't happen in a 2 car garage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm buying the i4 as a daily driver. I don't plan on starting a family anytime soon, and my partner will have an SUV anyways, so I'm looking into the new Nissan Z (the 350z was my favorite car when I was growing up), but its going to be a few years before my next purchase. Basically though, I'm looking for a fun sports coupe :p

·
Registered
231 Posts
To get the i4 I'm giving up my 435i convertible, so I'd want to replace the convertible.
Either the newest model corvette convertible, or I could do the environmentally responsible thing and wait for the tesla roadster.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would get a fully loaded EQS 580 just to check the rival tech.

(But my real answer would be an ICE car without any tracking telemetry $hit, that you can also fill instantly and go on your merry way.)

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would get a fully loaded EQS 580 just to check the rival tech.

(But my real answer would be an ICE car without any tracking telemetry $hit, that you can also fill instantly and go on your merry way.)
^^^^ Absolutely this. I would track down a really nice example of the early noughties Lexus IS200, I had one for about 12 years. Analogue, with a lovely 2L straight six (although a little underpowered) but I loved it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also if anyone in Europe knows of a good deal on a mint 996 911 let me know and I will come and buy it!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I also have a 2 car garage (actually 3 cars but the 3rd spot is full of other stuff), so the SUV and my current car (Fiat 124 spider convertible - a hoot to drive but 2 seats and a small trunk is too constraining) park inside, and the beater (2002 Jeep Liberty, 265 000km) parks outside; we use the latter to go shopping around town because some Americans refuse to walk the additional 10m to put shopping cars into the carts corrals. I would love to keep the Fiat after I get the i4 but my wife drew a red line, unfortunately.

·
Registered
MB GLA
301 Posts
I have an X5, but buying a Fisker Ocean after the M50.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk
Yes Fisker Ocean is looking amazing too with great numbers but those needs to be validate. I am keeping an eye on, it could get a pickup version of it which look good either !

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you could have a second car complementing the i4, for you, what would it be? Anything goes, something without a roof for those nice summer days, something sporty for the track, something tall for the back roads or something French for visiting the crowded supermarket parking lot?
I have it already...a lifted 2012 Countryman All4 snow car. The picture was taken a few moments ago after a big snowfall last night. We're going to keep it for a while until we see what the i4 m50 is capable of. Haha...I think if I put a snow blade on the i4 we can be a one car family.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think we just got what I'd consider an ideal second car for me, assuming we're not talking "fantasy land no budget considered". If that were the case maybe an 2022 M2 Competition (realistic actually) when it comes out, or a 911 GT3 (big nope budget wise). My wife just got a 2021 WRX. My i4 M50 will be replacing a 2012 WRX STi I've had since new, so that WRX will scratch the do it yourself itch that I don't expect the BMW to fulfill. I expect this car will be fun in a lot of ways, but I will still probably long for a manual transmission at times, especially at first.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts