BMW i4 Forum banner

I'm gonna ask a stupid, and probably redundant question about Electrify America

7K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  toddggg 
The 2 cables/plugs are for different type of parking layouts. Go to an EA station with a charger stall with a parking spot in front and one behind it. One car charging at a time and one waiting. It will make more sense to you. You can only charge with 1 cable at a time.
So only one car can charge at a time even though there are two plugs?

how would you charge two cars anyway?
Actually I can. There’s a station near me has two stations between parking spaces. They’re not arranged like typical stations where they are on the back of parking area. These two are between island of parking spaces. If one pulls into one spot another car can park on the opposite side of charger.

It should be possible to tap the charger like doing an Apple Pay payment. But, my experience is it's very unreliable. Swiping on the app worked every time as you outline.
I tried to use EA Apple wallet for free 30 min charging it never worked in the past, but I figured it out why it didn’t. There are two nfc scanners at EA one is only for Apple Pay with credit card, three’s another scanner only for use with EA Apple wallet. Apple Pay one is obvious to see it’s sticking out with credit card logos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.