BMW i4 Forum banner

I'm gonna ask a stupid, and probably redundant question about Electrify America

7K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  toddggg 
I just got my car 2 days ago. I tried EA charging last night. I had the app setup and free code entered at the dealership at pickup. I wanted to test out the charging since I was by an EA charger and had heard so many bad experiences (all EA customers complain as Kia is also giving the 2-year free charging service). There was 1 of 6 open chargers so I was hoping it would work. I followed the instructions. 1) plug in the car and wait for the digital handshake. 2) from the app - as MANY people on the forum have stated to start from the app NOT the EA charger screen - picked my free EA account and hit start charging.

The charger started immediately charging my car. The initial rate was ~1kWhr per minute. That seemed pretty slow (was not a 350kW charger though, it was the 150kK). It was charging me $0.43 a kWhr. My credit card was charged $10 for the minimum reload on EA when you have less than $5 remaining in your account (I had $0 but did add my credit card during setup). Since I didn't need to charge and $.43 is a high rate I canceled the charging after 2 minutes and the EA screen said I was charged $.86 but then with my promotion was discounted -$.86, so in the end I didn't have to pay (but EA does have $10 from me now... 😁).

Would like to test at a 350kW charger soon.

Reactions: dudenjen
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.