BMW i4 Forum banner

I'm gonna ask a stupid, and probably redundant question about Electrify America

7K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  toddggg 
I was expecting to see something approaching 350 since that's what the sticker said, or maybe half, so 175 (what do I know? never done it before).
The i4 will only go to 200kW and only at relatively low SOC. Maybe the sticker on the "pump"' said that, but it's not a charge rate to be expected on the i4. See the charge rate curve.

w
well if yall really want your mind blown on EA not working as it is suppose too. But in my case for the good. I can charge any car on the BMW 2 year charging. I thought it would be locked to the car but nope... I for the heck of it one plugged in my audi and clicked the bmw charge account and... it charged the car for free. so I pushed it and with an adaptor plugged in my buddies tesla yup it started right up on the bmw account and charged the car for free. at least in my case it doesnt seem to care what car is plugged into and using the account.
You know, you can also give your Netflix password to your neighbors.

not in a few months you cant :) But with the cars account I figured it would check the vin or something first to make sure the correct car was plugged in but in my case anyway dosent seem to matter.
Well, (IMHO) it's never been ethical, but technically possible, at least for now. Suppliers tend to close these holes once they lose too much revenue and/or they become well publicised.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.