BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Another complaint. I drive Lyft. Passengers like it cool. I’m cold, so I have heated seats on. The heated seats are not hot at all! My 530e they were pretty good

as far as backup assist. Been playing. I’m going to pull forward in my drive then use backup assist to get out every day.

I backed in because charger outlet in rear of car but I can just barely reach cable forward.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Another complaint. I drive Lyft. Passengers like it cool. I’m cold, so I have heated seats on. The heated seats are not hot at all! My 530e they were pretty good
I agree, they are not very hot at all.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
I like to see the mi/kwH usage while driving.
You can do that in your cockpit area using the B button or whatever that is on the turn signal. Just keep clicking it for this trip and it will give you the live results.

• Helpful
Reactions: Magicrat and ssh

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
hey. I drive Lyft. So lots of city driving. In my personal time, highway. I got 730 miles now
Your Lyft customers are the luckiest I’ve ever seen!

·
Registered
2022 Alpine White i4 edrive40 Sport
86 Posts
You can do that in your cockpit area using the B button or whatever that is on the turn signal. Just keep clicking it for this trip and it will give you the live results.
In my case that goes away every time a turn comes up in the navigation. I wish we could keep consumption data alongside the map in the driver's display.

It only takes a small amount of screen real estate, and it would be more useful than, for instance, percentage of max power currently used..

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
In my case that goes away every time a turn comes up in the navigation. I wish we could keep consumption data alongside the map in the driver's display.

It only takes a small amount of screen real estate, and it would be more useful than, for instance, percentage of max power currently used..
It’ll be interesting how I eventually settle on this. I think it’s very likely I’ll completely ignore consumption except on long road trips where it may matter. I’m thinking about a trip to Aspen, for example, which I might typically make in a long single stretch (216 miles in winter). Given the up-and-down of a couple of passes (the Eisenhower tunnel and Vail Pass) at ~11,000’ plus the highway nature of the drive plus the potential for weather impact and cold… would I want to trust it?

ABRP says one 15 minute stop in Edwards (Hi, Mikaela!), which is probably smart just for the sake of my sanity and behind.

But, anyway… otherwise, why bother to pay attention?

·
Registered
2020 Tesla Model 3 SR+
190 Posts

as far as backup assist. Been playing. I’m going to pull forward in my drive then use backup assist to get out every day.

I backed in because charger outlet in rear of car but I can just barely reach cable forward.
Thats what I’m thinking too….I used to back in before to go around my wife’s car and out fast, but maybe now i can drive front first and have back out for me?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Thats what I’m thinking too….I used to back in before to go around my wife’s car and out fast, but maybe now i can drive front first and have back out for me?
You can. I do it every day in my 330. Love it.

Reactions: Stickware

·
Registered
i4 M Sport ordered
147 Posts

That’s interesting, when I test drove an i4 back in January, the heated seats started out in full, and within a minute I felt like my fun parts were being roasted…

·
Registered
39 Posts

Did you have vehicle in EcoPro? That will turn down the power to heated seats.

• Helpful
Reactions: ssh and Stickware

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also, if you have the climate control on „auto“ the control will adjust the heated seats to whatever it thinks is hot enough for you. Even if you set it to max it will not be max seat heating. It just means you like it hotter than average.
Try to change the climate to „manual“, then max for the seats will be quite hot.

·
Registered
BMW i4 eDrive40 - 08/2022 - Tanzanite Blue - Sensatec Cognac
33 Posts
Did you have vehicle in EcoPro? That will turn down the power to heated seats.
With that I have a question: In the Eco Individual settings, there is a switch for A/C and seat heating.

I'm not sure if that switch means "On: Enable A/C even when in Eco Mode " or "On: reduce the power of A/C when in Eco Mode". Could be both, depending on how the logic is supposed to be, and it's not explained anywhere...

I tried both settings and it seemed like the A/C was active both ways, even though maybe with different strength. That's why I'm a bit unsure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea. I watched videos on backup assistant. I was able to use it to park where I just drove out of. Not what I need. Why can’t it store that to use when I get home?

I took video but can’t upload it here
I believe there is a way to set that in the settings somewhere. I heard about it but can't remember what the whole conversation was. The car will memorize the path and avoid any obstacles if it can when you set that feature for "home".

21 - 40 of 47 Posts