BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
239 Posts
Yeah. And what idiot thought that BLUE is the colour of ..."Green energy"? (and that they have to display it every chance they get).
i agree but lets not forget that is better a blue ring of the same color that the bmw logo than a green ring ;)

They could have added a €0 option to delete model model specific branding. The black shadow line already deletes part of the blue accents in the doors, so an additional shadow line could have also deleted the "blues" on the logos

Also the new 4 series GC OEM logos's should be a perfect replacement for the i4 logos, if someone is interested.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i agree but lets not forget that is better a blue ring of the same color that the bmw logo than a green ring ;)

They could have added a €0 option to delete model model specific branding. The black shadow line already deletes part of the blue accents in the doors, so an additional shadow line could have also deleted the "blues" on the logos

Also the new 4 series GC OEM logos's should be a perfect replacement for the i4 logos, if someone is interested.
You mean the "Shadow Black Shadow line"... That would be really dark!

·
Registered
239 Posts
My plan is to take a alternative route, and buy aftermarket crystal shifter, start button and idrive wheel. Really like the look this give

View attachment 2110
These are cool, although some reviewers complained on the iX about the sun reflection of the crystals... These are different, but it's something to consider.
See here at 19:30

The red start engine from the M4 would also be cool :)
Gear shift Car Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
308 Posts
They looked really amazing🤩. Wondering if they are difficult to change by yourself as long as you do not have only 10 thumbs .... :unsure: 😃
The shifter should be fairly easy to change yourself. But we will have to wait until they have replacement kits for the i4 ready. Then I will try to contact some suppliers and get some more info. Will make a thread in here when time comes :)

Joint Shorts Arm Photograph Muscle

·
Registered
239 Posts
They looked really amazing🤩. Wondering if they are difficult to change by yourself as long as you do not have only 10 thumbs .... :unsure: 😃
For the gear selector, the M performance part with carbon (61 31 5 A40 305) or alcantara (61 31 5 A40 306) trims show 12 to 30 min installation time. The start button and iDrive rotary dial are not available as accessory, it has to to bought as a spare part probably.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The shifter should be fairly easy to change yourself. But we will have to wait until they have replacement kits for the i4 ready. Then I will try to contact some suppliers and get some more info. Will make a thread in here when time comes :)

View attachment 2112
That sounds good (y) . Hope there will be an opportunity to do this on i4 as well ..... saw just now a video on Youtube where they specified the importance of disconnecting the battery.... 🤪😂

1 - 16 of 16 Posts