BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
I just watched it before you posted it. I think her comments are spot on for 90% of our driving and enjoyment of the car, and the "hooligan capabilities" of even the M50 will come into play only 10% of the time. Confirms that either versions of the i4 will be just about the best electric sports car south of $100K.

·
Registered
902 Posts
She does say ...gesture control though which is wrong!
I think it's a bit part of BMW to obfuscate the differences between the iX and the i4 - see the review below that also advocates 2 iX-only features: "Augmented reality navigation makes its way to the 4 Series for the first time in the i4, and it works well on the German backroads where we have our test. It's joined by features like wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, the “Hey, BMW” voice assistant, and Gesture Control, which is still as silly as ever"
I do agree with them that it does border on silly - there is a knob for volume, I don't see myself twirling my finger; and swiping with your palm to accept or reject a call is just a bit easier than pressing the button on the steering and clicking the thumbwheel (my Audi has 2 buttons, much easier!)
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Brand

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That review of motor1 is a fake!
I mentioned our friend ..Jeff Perez many times.
Nikki Shields obviously from the direction of the sun, didn't soend more than an hour with the car.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just watched it before you posted it. I think her comments are spot on for 90% of our driving and enjoyment of the car, and the "hooligan capabilities" of even the M50 will come into play only 10% of the time. Confirms that either versions of the i4 will be just about the best electric sports car south of $100K.
I totally agree!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts