BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am currently considering cancelling my Model 3 Performance order in favor of the i4, but I have a question about the interior pre-conditioning. I have a medical condition that makes me lose circulation in my hands when it is cold out, and this is very painful in the winter.

Does the i4 M50 have the ability to have the car pre-heat the interior including the seats and wheel before you enter the car? If I could have that happen and then get into a warm car including a heated steering wheel that would be great.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi all,

I am currently considering cancelling my Model 3 Performance order in favor of the i4, but I have a question about the interior pre-conditioning. I have a medical condition that makes me lose circulation in my hands when it is cold out, and this is very painful in the winter.

Does the i4 M50 have the ability to have the car pre-heat the interior including the seats and wheel before you enter the car? If I could have that happen and then get into a warm car including a heated steering wheel that would be great.
yes -- here's the i4 Owners Manual for reference

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
It is possible however the heated seats and steering wheel are the weakest I’ve ever felt in a vehicle. Something to consider if it’s for a medical reason.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi all,

I had mine delivered at end of march. I Denmark there was som snow and april was not either. Everything worked flawless. Stering weel, seats and windscreen, rear window was all nice after e few minutes of heating, All activated from the app on the phone by one button. After a few minitus I turned seat and wheel off.
No issues at all. It can also be preprogrammed to a specific time, next or every morning.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It is possible however the heated seats and steering wheel are the weakest I’ve ever felt in a vehicle. Something to consider if it’s for a medical reason.
My wife's 2017 540i heated steering wheel got super hot.. I was surprised how weak the one on my m340i was by comparison. Haven't tried the i4's, but guessing the same.

I wonder if people complained or if the capacitive touch sensors are sensitive to heat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My wife's 2017 540i heated steering wheel got super hot.. I was surprised how weak the one on my m340i was by comparison. Haven't tried the i4's, but guessing the same.

I wonder if people complained or if the capacitive touch sensors are sensitive to heat.
not sure, if they did they scaled it back far to much. My previous Mercedes’ would just drop to one setting lower on its own when it got very hot. I had the heated seat on for a full day and didn’t even notice in the bmw, It gets luke warm at best. The steering wheel was the same after I tested it aswell. I haven’t had a really cold day to test them but I’m not optimistic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts